• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help me understand Amex

rohan_nerd

TF Buzz
I see a lot of people are posting on Twitter how Amex is the best credit card out there, so far I am currently using SBI cashback, HDFC Regalia gold, Tata neu Infinity and yearly credit card spending is around 3 lakhs. I am trying to understand how is Amex better than SBI cashback card. Can anyone give me a comparison

Lets take Amex MRCC for example
If I spend 6000 per month I will get total 12000 points in a year
Bonus 2000 points on joining via referral
Total points=12000+2000=14000points

72K spend on SBI cashback card in a year
Total cashback=(72000*.05)=3600RS

Now what I know 1 amex points is 0.5 airmiles so 14000 points become 7000 points in airmiles. I wanna know people who know about airmiles if I can buy a flight ticket with 7000 points

Last edited:
Actually it's good even with just 6000 a month in Amazon vouchers . Can get solid 7% returns with just that .
Yeah, that's there too! But to some people, they feel it's not enough paying the yearly fees.
Definitely worth getting for the first year though!

Also, for the second year, one can always negotiate the fees so it becomes worth it! :)

Full 9 Lacs thru referrals (Husband & Wife - 3 Cards each)

And if someone is really influential, add some referral points from the Amex Platinum Charge Card too which has a separate quota of 5 Lacs MR Points per Platinum Charge Card.
Are you a youtuber or blog writer or something ?

Tejas is a CC geek/influencer on Twitter and runs a website that offers credit card consulation services.
I see, that's nice

A lot of my early info on cc and stuff came from blog writers like Ajay Awtaney from live from lounge and later on from Sidharth Raman from Cardexpert.in,
So i think it's nice to support such individuals by using their referral links, they do a lot of good work for everybody's benefit

Back