• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help regarding credit card utilization

Hello everyone,

I have recently got my Axis bank Magnus credit card (Visa Platform) and HDFC Infinia metal credit card (Master Card Platform).
Have also applied for a Standard Chartered Ultimate credit card for my wife.

No one in my family including me have owned or used any credit card before.

So i would like guidance of u all for the usage of the same,

we have around approx of minimum 30k of utility payments every month.

6-7 airline tickets monthly

homeloan emi of 1.5 lacs per month

Paytm wallet reload of 10-15k monthly

Car fuels worth 50k monthly

Also TDS, insurance, and income tax payment also.

I am totally a newbie in here, so all your guidance would be highly appreciated about using which card for which purpose etc and how.

Also i would like to know about how to pay my credit card bill automatically and will this also fetch me some rewards?

Thanks

Last edited:
I thought credit utilization means you worried about that 30% which you don't have to based on your cards, expenditure it won't apply to you. So, if possible change the title.

Regarding suggestion, all these for single family (I mean for how many members, if you don't mind)?

tax, utility, wallet - go with Ultimate
Insurance, airline - Infinia/Magnus
homeloan emi - never saw maybe based on that portal if accepts but not sure.
fuel - have to get SBI Octane multiple cards

But, this much expenditure in single card definitely considered as manufactured spends. 30k Utility, 50k fuel, 6-7 air tickets - need multiple cards to manage but for me this is not personal spends (may be I'm not seeing that much, ignore me).

I thought credit utilization means you worried about that 30% which you don't have to based on your cards, expenditure it won't apply to you. So, if possible change the title.

Regarding suggestion, all these for single family (I mean for how many members, if you don't mind)?

tax, utility, wallet - go with Ultimate
Insurance, airline - Infinia/Magnus
homeloan emi - never saw maybe based on that portal if accepts but not sure.
fuel - have to get SBI Octane multiple cards

But, this much expenditure in single card definitely considered as manufactured spends. 30k Utility, 50k fuel, 6-7 air tickets - need multiple cards to manage but for me this is not personal spends (may be I'm not seeing that much, ignore me.)
Hey thanks a lot for your reply.
Hehe, yeah these are our half monthly spends for a family of 5 people.
For utilities, infinia wont be better than SC Ultimate?
And what would be better between infinia and magnus for airline tickets and hotel bookings?

P.s. - how to change title of this thread?

Thanks!

Back