• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help with EMI on ICICI Credit card

HVS

TF Select
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to buy an TV offline of around 1 lakh and the merchant is giving "low cost" EMI facility and gives 6000 discount but if I increase the tenure then the total cost is getting increased. I can pay full amount but the discount is only 3000 for full swipe. So can I chose EMI option and later cancel the EMI calling customer care will I receive the upfront discount of 6000 or will they charge the amount in total bill. Also, the low cost upfront interest discount will be given or it'll also be charged?

This is my first time buying something on EMI so need help of you guys. I tried to find the answers using search but couldn't find solutions for this query. Any help will be appreciated.

Yeah, I tried and it worked. Now bear with me again a bit. If I cancel the EMI and then request ICICI for 1% cashback that APay card offers, whill they agree? Can such things happen? And same question regarding the reward points for other ICICI cards.
It wouldn't work like that ...either you get no cost emi discount or the rewards points...both is not possible...

Will this trick work for ICICI if 1st EMI billed in statement?
If Transaction done on 15, Emi conversion by 19, Statement generated on 20. Can I cancel it on 21 and get all charges reversed.

You can cancel the EMI on same day of the EMI Conversion. as far as we know, icici allows cancellation of emi without any charges within 15 days of emi conversion date. So, all the charges should get reversed even it is billed.

I ordered on NCEMI today but my bill generating tommorow, will this create any issue or do I have to pay any charges in this case?
If there was no settled spend in this billing period, bank will delay bill generation by 1 day & add this transaction in bill after settlement.

You should avoid doing EMI transactions near billing date.

Anyway ICICI/Axis bank are generous in EMI cancellation for free but you need to pay full due if added in bill.

Back