• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How hard is it to get a new Axis Bank credit card when you don't have any prior relationship with them?

CosmicCat

TF Ace
I'm planning to get the Axis Neo card, as it is currently LTF.

Here's a brief information about me:
- Don't have any existing relationship with Axis Bank. Never applied for their cards.
- Self-Employed (Freelance Software Developer) working offshore, so I work from home and don't have any office address.
- I write my business name as my own name.
- CIBIL score is 751. Until last month, it was 759, but it got reduced after I got my Amazon Pay and Tata Neu Infinity HDFC cards last month. I don't know why.
- My CIBIL has just 2 enquiries, one for this month, another one from last month.
- Credit history is of 3.5 years.

Recently applied IDFC First Bank Classic card, but they did both home and office addresses at different dates, even though both the addresses are essentially the same in my case. Had to send them income proof from my work email to get it approved. Was a lot of hassles.

Can anyone tell if Axis Bank also does the same and is harsh with verification?

- Don't have any existing relationship with Axis Bank. Never applied for their cards.
- Self-Employed (Freelance Software Developer) working offshore, so I work from home and don't have any office address.
- CIBIL score is 751. Until last month, it was 759, but it got reduced after I got my Amazon Pay and Tata Neu Infinity HDFC cards last month. I don't know why.
- My CIBIL has just 2 enquiries, one for this month, another one from last month.

Recently applied IDFC First Bank Classic card, but they did both home and office addresses at different dates, even though both the addresses are essentially the same in my case. Had to send them income proof from my work email to get it approved. Was a lot of hassles.

aree bhai itna kya sochna
apply kardo ya to reject hoga ya approve

Exactly same case, got my first FK Axis card, about a year ago with a decent 2.25 l CL without any income docs and with Vkyc. No physical verification done.
No 404 error.. ;)

Exactly same case, got my first FK Axis card, about a year ago with a decent 2.25 l CL without any income docs and with Vkyc. No physical verification done.
No 404 error.. ;)

But at that time, I have 6.4 L CL on other cc and my cibil was around 790..

Agar reject ho gaya toh woh baar-baar spam calls aur SMS toh nahi karte na with offers?
Good to see you with the new name,
sorry for the ragging before..just for fun..Take it easy

Good to see you with the new name,
sorry for the ragging before..just for fun..Take it easy
I didn't even realise until now you were constantly sending 404 memes on my comments just because of my previous username. 😂

But at that time, I have 6.4 L CL on other cc and my cibil was around 790..
I just applied for the Axis Neo card (LTF). But here, my highest credit limit is ₹1.5L (For Tata Neu Infinity HDFC card), and CIBIL is 751. Because all my 3 credit cards got approved within last one month only.

I just applied for the Axis Neo card (LTF). But here, my highest credit limit is ₹1.5L (For Tata Neu Infinity HDFC card), and CIBIL is 751. Because all my 3 credit cards got approved within last one month only.
It's difficult to get a LTF card from AX*S

It's difficult to get a LTF card from AX*S
Yeah, I'm 100% sure it would be rejected, the sole reason being I'm self-employed and having no dedicated office address.

But, regardless, unlike ICICI and IDFC, they didn't do instant Video KYC. Not even verifying it with Aadhaar-linked mobile number's OTP.

being I'm self-employed and having no dedicated office address
Not because of that..
I am the same case, 404 boy... ;) ,
Still got many cards.. for some it will be an issue, mostly for small banks

Yeah, I'm 100% sure it would be rejected, the sole reason being I'm self-employed and having no dedicated office address.

But, regardless, unlike ICICI and IDFC, they didn't do instant Video KYC. Not even verifying it with Aadhaar-linked mobile number's OTP.
Had you applied for FK card, you would have definitely got it

I applied for my zone card (LTF) on 30st August through a link in Amazon. It got approved on sep 13th and will be received in 2 days. I too had no prior relationship with axis Bank. My annual salary is just over 3 lacs but they didn't ask any income proof.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSV
So, friends, my Axis Neo card application is finally REJECTED without even a Video KYC or in-person verification in less than 24 hours!

I got the following SMS this morning (but no email so far):
"Your Credit Card application for Axis Bank Neo Card with reference no xxxxxxxx has been declined. Pls call 18604195555 if you did not apply-Axis Bank"

Apparently, Axis Bank doesn't want first-time customers to have LTF cards, because I've read several comments on X from people who applied for Axis Neo cards, and they all got rejected without even a KYC or option to upload income proof or any other sort of verification!

I wouldn't have been so annoyed for rejection if they had at least rejected it after KYC and income proof verification. But what's the logic behind rejecting it without even a KYC or income verification?

The application process has been so bad that I'm planning to never build a relationship with Axis Bank ever! I've always read bad things about Axis until I experienced it myself today.
7gspc6.jpg

So, friends, my Axis Neo card application is finally REJECTED without even a Video KYC or in-person verification in less than 24 hours!

I got the following SMS this morning (but no email so far):
"Your Credit Card application for Axis Bank Neo Card with reference no xxxxxxxx has been declined. Pls call 18604195555 if you did not apply-Axis Bank"

Apparently, Axis Bank doesn't want first-time customers to have LTF cards, because I've read several comments on X from people who applied for Axis Neo cards, and they all got rejected without even a KYC or option to upload income proof or any other sort of verification!

I wouldn't have been so annoyed for rejection if they had at least rejected it after KYC and income proof verification. But what's the logic behind rejecting it without even a KYC or income verification?

The application process has been so bad that I'm planning to never build a relationship with Axis Bank ever! I've always read bad things about Axis until I experienced it myself today.
If you want their card, open axis bank account. It'll be easy if you have account

Back