• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How is the Airtel Axis card after devaluation? Can I get it in Rupay variant?

iM23

TF Premier
I am getting Airtel axis and many other cards as pre-approved (paid) in the axis app. I already have myzone. I have Airtel broadband and need to recharge Airtel sims also. So my question is, considering devaluation, would it be worth getting the Airtel card, that also with joining and annual charges? And in the app, I am getting the mastercard variant, can I get it in Rupay variant if I call axis customer care? One thing to mention here, I have cashback SBI card which use most of the time.

And I can use the card in the sales also, right?

Last edited:
Solution
One more question, will I get 1% cashback while availing instant discount offers during sales? Or it works like SBI which takes rewards back if instant discount is availed?
Yeah Axis gives additional discounts.
I bought a tab for a friend last month.
Cashback/discount I got:
10% instant discount in Flipkart
5% additional cashback via grabdeal.
1.5% cashback for Axis Ace base reward.
I am getting Airtel axis and many other cards as pre-approved (paid) in the axis app. I already have myzone. I have Airtel broadband and need to recharge Airtel sims also. So my question is, considering devaluation, would it be worth getting the Airtel card, that also with joining and annual charges? And in the app, I am getting the mastercard variant, can I get it in Rupay variant if I call axis customer care? One thing to mention here, I have cashback SBI card which use most of the time.

This credit card is particularly beneficial for utility bill payments, especially for Airtel customers. If you use the card to its full potential, you can save around ₹10,000 per year. You can read my detailed thread where I share my three years of experience with this credit card.

This credit card is particularly beneficial for utility bill payments, especially for Airtel customers. If you use the card to its full potential, you can save around ₹10,000 per year. You can read my detailed thread where I share my three years of experience with this credit card.
Thank you. Could you please share the link of the thread here? And what about the rupay variant? Is it even offered in Rupay?

Thank you. Could you please share the link of the thread here? And what about the rupay variant? Is it even offered in Rupay?
Thread 'I would like to share my two-year experience with the Airtel Axis Bank credit card.' https://www.technofino.in/community...-with-the-airtel-axis-bank-credit-card.27883/

I haven't used the RuPay version, but it is available to some customers. If you get the RuPay version, you can consider taking it, as it offers benefits with UPI transactions. Some people are also getting this card as a lifetime free offer. This depends on your luck and timing—specifically, when you apply for the card and what offers the bank has available at that time.

Not sourcing rupay switch as of now

Jo hai le lo,rupay me available hone k bad customer care se change kar lena
Thought to get the card, but Axis' unfair behaviour about giving 25%, 10%, 1% cashback is not making me confident. I saw there's no guarantee that I would get 25% cashback in the said category or 10% in swiggy or Zomato. If such things happen, I don't have that time and patience to call Axis every time when the cashback is tracked incorrectly.

Moreover, I am not getting the card as LTF, and afaik Axis doesn't make cards LTF like SBI.

Thought to get the card, but Axis' unfair behaviour about giving 25%, 10%, 1% cashback is not making me confident. I saw there's no guarantee that I would get 25% cashback in the said category or 10% in swiggy or Zomato. If such things happen, I don't have that time and patience to call Axis every time when the cashback is tracked incorrectly.

Moreover, I am not getting the card as LTF, and afaik Axis doesn't make cards LTF like SBI.
you can always cancel a credit card,so don't think about all of those unfair behaviour

Thread 'I would like to share my two-year experience with the Airtel Axis Bank credit card.' https://www.technofino.in/community...-with-the-airtel-axis-bank-credit-card.27883/

I haven't used the RuPay version, but it is available to some customers. If you get the RuPay version, you can consider taking it, as it offers benefits with UPI transactions. Some people are also getting this card as a lifetime free offer. This depends on your luck and timing—specifically, when you apply for the card and what offers the bank has available at that time.
Not sourcing rupay switch as of now
you can always cancel a credit card,so don't think about all of those unfair behaviour
One more question, will I get 1% cashback while availing instant discount offers during sales? Or it works like SBI which takes rewards back if instant discount is availed?

Last edited:
Yeah Axis gives additional discounts.
I bought a tab for a friend last month.
Cashback/discount I got:
10% instant discount in Flipkart
5% additional cashback via grabdeal.
1.5% cashback for Axis Ace base reward.

Solution

If you are airtel user, then this card is must have, even with annual charges. They sometimes fail to track, but they normally credit the difference after two three months. In my 3 years of use, there is only one transaction of 2022 in which I did not get the proper cashback till date, and that was more razorpay issue than axis, as razorpay injected "RAZ*" prefix before the merchant.

Last edited:
If you are airtel user, then this card is must have, even with annual charges. They sometimes fail to track, but they normally credit the difference after two three months. In my 3 years of use, there is only one transaction of 2022 in which I did not get the proper cashback till date.
Real

I just use it to pay for my chortel family postpaid plan

If you are airtel user, then this card is must have, even with annual charges. They sometimes fail to track, but they normally credit the difference after two three months. In my 3 years of use, there is only one transaction of 2022 in which I did not get the proper cashback till date, and that was more razorpay issue than axis, as razorpay injected "RAZ*" prefix before the merchant.
3 days prior to next statement.
Does Airtel Axis card give 10% cashback in case of prepaid recharges of Jio, BSNL or Vi?

Last edited:
Back