• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How long should I wait before applying for CC after switching to a new company?

steiner03

TF Select
I recently switched to a new company thanks to which my salary has increased.
How long should I wait before applying for a new credit card so that I can get a higher limit compared to my existing cards?

Reactions: SSV
Similar question, My company is transitioning us to a new company in few days with almost same package.

Now my new company is in Super A category, while my old company was in B category.

Will I get better card offers, heard few card like Au Zenith card are given LTF to some corporates with good ranking.

Are there any other similar card offer available for Super A companies?

Last edited:
If you company is listed with the best Banks in India like HDFC, ICICI and you don't have a lot of enquiries in past few months, you can proceed for a new credit card application. And if it's not listed but you salary is high then wait at least 3 months to collect salary slips of three months, so you can use them as a salary proof. Good luck.

Similar question, My company is transitioning us to a new company in few days with almost same package.

Now my new is in Super A category, while my old company was in B category.

Will I get better card offers, heard few card like Au Zenith card are given LTF to some corporates with good ranking.

Are there any other similar card offer available for Super A companies?
Zenith can be processed C2C with 5L limit on existing card, no need of pay slip

I recently switched to a new company thanks to which my salary has increased.
How long should I wait before applying for a new credit card so that I can get a higher limit compared to my existing cards?
that depends on the CC you are applying for.. It varies from 1- 3 months..
To cover all 3 months required.. Most of them will be covered by 2 months..

Last edited:
Zenith can be processed C2C with 5L limit on existing card, no need of pay slip
Will it be LTF?, I heard LTF option only available, if you are working in Super A category companies.

Card's features are OK, not that great, but I just want to take, because I do not have infinite cards.

I have cards with more than 9L limit

Your employer listed in their LTF list then you'll get any card LTF.
@deep@vie can help
Yes, as per below thread my current company is in B category, and new company will be in Super A category

What if one has AU card with 5L limit?
Can it be upgraded to LTF Zenith?
If yes, would it be a long battle? How to fight?

Back