• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many HDFC credit cards can I have

HDFC Bank typically allows a maximum of one primary credit card per customer.
However, the bank does offer a feature known as the "Add-on Card" which allows a primary cardholder to apply for additional cards for their family members, such as a spouse, parents, or children. These add-on cards share the credit limit of the primary card but can be used independently.

Of late HDFC has become more generous, maybe due to competition from Axis bank (which officially allows 3 cards) and others like ICICI bank who upgrade your old card to a new card without cancelling the old card.

So now HDFC allows you to have a core card, a floater card and also a co branded card.
You can have a core card like Infinia (with add on cards) and also a floater card like Biz black, and a third co branded card like Swiggy

But if you already have co branded card like HDFC Swiggy, you will not get Infinia easily

Kindly mark this as your solution if you are satisfied, thank you 🙏

Last edited:
You can get 1 core card and then as many as co branded(Tata neu, Swiggy, Marriot bonvoy, Times Prime, etc) card as you want, all of them will share single limit

There have been few people who got 2 core cards, i read awhile back on this forum that someone had DCB and Infinia both, but it's quite difficult to get as HDFC doesn't give more then one core card per customer

Thank you this is the answer I was looking for but I don't know how to mark it as the solution
Regarding which HDFC cards are recommended --
I recommend only three cards from HDFC .

1) Infinia as core card-- first apply for this through the branch if you have 45 lacs ITR
2) Biz Black as floater card-- then apply for this through the branch with 27 lakh ITR
3) Swiggy as co-branded card 10% cashback on swiggy food delivery.
I can get this lifetime free through my Swiggy app

Regalia LTF and Tata Neu Infinity LTF. Shared limit on Neu (it shares regalia limit as it's a co branded card).

Waiting to change my regalia as and when the opportunity arises.

Biz Black is for self-employed / business profiles and not salaried.

Depending on ITR and needs, you can choose -

Millenia for cashback
Regalia Gold for lounge access
DCB / Infinia for multiple benefits

How many HDFC credit cards can I have? Which do you recommend?
As for recommendations,

Get a Core card as your first with HDFC like Millennia, Regalia Gold, DCB or Infinia, depending on your eligibility

Then get a co branded card ,
- Tata Neu if you want a Rupay card for UPI spends, Plus or Infinity again depends on your eligibility
- Swiggy card if you want a good cashback card
- Marriot card if you want Marriot Bonvoy silver membership and one free room

P.s. do not get co branded card as your first, you won't be able to get any core cards and you'll regret it, always get core card first

As for recommendations,

Get a Core card as your first with HDFC like Millennia, Regalia Gold, DCB or Infinia, depending on your eligibility

Then get a co branded card ,
- Tata Neu if you want a Rupay card for UPI spends, Plus or Infinity again depends on your eligibility
- Swiggy card if you want a good cashback card
- Marriot card if you want Marriot Bonvoy silver membership and one free room

P.s. do not get co branded card as your first, you won't be able to get any core cards and you'll regret it, always get core card first
Does HDFC business moneyback will do instead of millennia or regalia??? Since everytime I check I don't get millennia or regalia.... Always show some business credit card.
I am self employed and only have current account with HDFC.

Does HDFC business moneyback will do instead of millennia or regalia??? Since everytime I check I don't get millennia or regalia.... Always show some business credit card.
I am self employed and only have current account with HDFC.
I'm saleried with a savings account, so can't get business cards

But yeah Business Moneyback/Millennia/Regalia, Biz Grow/Black/Power are core cards for self employed folks

Hello, I made a big mistake of taking Swiggy a co-branded card as my first HDFC card and haven't got any floater since 5 months. Please let me what should I do?

Cons:
1. Got Airtel axis so don't need swiggy
2. Only 40k limit while I got min 87k to 4.2L cards
3. Charges.

My doubts:
1. Should I Surrender the card and apply a fresh one? If yes then it takes 6 months cooling period right?
2. Is there a way to get a core HDFC card and LTF if possible?
3. Does they allow C2C? As last time 3 agents refused C2C saying there isn't any way to do C2C in HDFC.

HDFC Bank typically allows a maximum of one primary credit card per customer.
However, the bank does offer a feature known as the "Add-on Card" which allows a primary cardholder to apply for additional cards for their family members, such as a spouse, parents, or children. These add-on cards share the credit limit of the primary card but can be used independently.

Of late HDFC has become more generous, maybe due to competition from Axis bank (which officially allows 3 cards) and others like ICICI bank who upgrade your old card to a new card without cancelling the old card.

So now HDFC allows you to have a core card, a floater card and also a co branded card.
You can have a core card like Infinia (with add on cards) and also a floater card like Biz black, and a third co branded card like Swiggy

But if you already have co branded card like HDFC Swiggy, you will not get Infinia easily

Kindly mark this as your solution if you are satisfied, thank you 🙏
Hi! I have moneyback plus as my core card and tata neu card as my co branded card.
Have an offer to upgrade to regalia gold.
I am opening hdfc premium banking account and rm has assured me a premium card(dcb or biz black) after a couple of months.

Any harm in upgrading to regalia gold now?
Will it affect my chance of getting dcb/biz black after a couple of months?

1) Infinia as core card-- first apply for this through the branch if you have 45 lacs ITR
2) Biz Black as floater card-- then apply for this through the branch with 27 lakh ITR

Is this ITR thing for the "income" shown on the return itself or the total income of a person. Asking this in a scenario of someone filing under 44Ad or 44ada, then in that case presumptive taxation is used and income is either shown half or reduced on the ITR, are the banks aware of it while processing the requests.

Is this ITR thing for the "income" shown on the return itself or the total income of a person. Asking this in a scenario of someone filing under 44Ad or 44ada, then in that case presumptive taxation is used and income is either shown half or reduced on the ITR, are the banks aware of it while processing the requests.
It's your net income or net profit which is taxable.
that will be considered

your gross receipts * 50% is considered as income under presumptive tax - so income will only be considered per ITR by bank. The gross receipts wont be considered as benefit of expenses is given under 44ada.

I have 3.
1) Diners Black (Yearly 4.5 L spend to get renewal fees waived)~sorta LTF as I never paid a penny towards this
2) Infinia (FD linked LTF)
3) Tata Neu Infinity
They are willing to give one more: Cobranded Swiggy, which I won't take.

Imperia banking helps.

I have 3.
1) Diners Black (Yearly 4.5 L spend to get renewal fees waived)~sorta LTF as I never paid a penny towards this
2) Infinia (FD linked LTF)
3) Tata Neu Infinity
They are willing to give one more: Cobranded Swiggy, which I won't take.

Imperia banking helps.
How you got infinia ltf

Regarding point 1- will this work if you are salaried where your ITR goes above 45 but your payslip (monthly take home) is below their threshold of 2.75 lakhs? If you are salaried, will they mandatorily ask payslip even if you want to take the ITR route?

Back