• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How much initial funding required for HDFC Savings Max account ?

Solution
What is the initial funding required to open HDFC Savings Max account ? Bank representative have asked for 5 lakhs initial funding but didn't find anything on the website.

You can open the HDFC saving max account with just 25K initial funding.The Average Monthly Balance (AMB) in the SavingsMax Account should be Rs. 25,000 or maintain requisite FD Relationship as per branch location.FD Relationship of Rs 1.50 lakh in Metro/ Urban location snd Rs 1 lakh in Semi Urban / Rural location

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
What is the initial funding required to open HDFC Savings Max account ? Bank representative have asked for 5 lakhs initial funding but didn't find anything on the website.

You can open the HDFC saving max account with just 25K initial funding.The Average Monthly Balance (AMB) in the SavingsMax Account should be Rs. 25,000 or maintain requisite FD Relationship as per branch location.FD Relationship of Rs 1.50 lakh in Metro/ Urban location snd Rs 1 lakh in Semi Urban / Rural location

Solution

CreditLife

TF Buzz
Thanks bro

I wonder why they asked 5L cheque for initial funding

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Thanks bro

I wonder why they asked 5L cheque for initial funding
Suggesting you two thing.Choose on of them.

First-Put request for account opening on twitter @HdfcBank_cares and mentioned all the conversation taht you have made with HDFC branch executive and ask them to send one executive who open your account with Optimum fund as per account variant.

Second-If you have that much fund (5Lac) then open the account with that fund and once account got operational withdraw the funds leaving just 25K in your account

Last edited:

CreditLife

TF Buzz
Suggesting you two thing.

First-Put request for account opening on twitter @HdfcBank_cares and mentioned all the conversation taht you have made with HDFC branch executive and ask them to send one executive who open your account with Optimum fund as per account variant.

Second-If you have that much fund (5Lac) then open the account with that fund and once account got operational withdarw the r fund leaving just 25K in your account
Got it.
Thank you bro

CreditLife

TF Buzz
I gave a cheque of 30k to open savings max account. The represent told me to give a cheque of 2 lakhs at least, I told him " aap account 30k ke cheque se khol rahe ho toh batao, nahi toh aur bhi tareeke hain mere pass", then he instantly agreed.

I tried to tell them that 5L initial funding is not required but they gave some silly reasons and I am not ready to argue with them so politely told them that I'll call them when I have 5L to end the conversation 😑

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
If you have not opened the account yet then visit the link and open your hdfc saving max account online and once account gets activated do initial funding of 25k.After account opening you will get your welcom kit via bluedart courier containing Passbook,ATM,ChequeBook and booklet for product feature at your address.

Here is the link for HDFC saving max account online opening link.

hideaway

TF Premier
Open the acct online
Select acct type as Savings Max
Select the same branch which you have been asked for 5L Cheque
complete the VKYC Process.

Your acct will get activated in some time if all is gone well.

Wait for a day or two. Transfer 25k to this acct via UPI or netbanking. That's it.

This was the process i have done. Haven't even gone to my branch even once.

paresh22

TF Ace
Open the acct online
Select acct type as Savings Max
Select the same branch which you have been asked for 5L Cheque
complete the VKYC Process.

Your acct will get activated in some time if all is gone well.

Wait for a day or two. Transfer 25k to this acct via UPI or netbanking. That's it.

This was the process i have done. Haven't even gone to my branch even once.
about me, I upgraded from saving to savings max offline. What I am interested to know here is, did online account opening gives option to enable/disable that auto sweep in /sweep out feature? Or its by default enabled?