• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How safe is Tap and Pay?

CyberPsych

TF Ace
If I have Tap and pay enabled and keep cards in wallet, can someone scan near may wallet and debit any amount? Looks like a noob question, but I want to know what are the risks of this being enabled. In Fuel bunks, we can't even see how much they're charging but ask us to move forward quickly to get next vehicle in place, says receipt is not available and SMS from bank takes some time to get delivered by which we have already left the bunk. Entering PIN eliminates all these, we can cross check the transaction amount.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
it seems axis only has transaction limit not overall limits on cards for various types of transaction. Hackers can swipe us clean with multiple transactions
I mean, you'd have to be sleeping under a rock not to notice multiple transactions being conducted by a hacker. 😂 Even a bank like Axis would definitely take notice when your card is being used for several transactions of similar amounts within a short period of time. 😂

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I mean, you'd have to be sleeping under a rock not to notice multiple transactions being conducted by a hacker. 😂 Even a bank like Axis would definitely take notice when your card is being used for several transactions of similar amounts within a short period of time. 😂
In my case i had a limit of 4000. But i did two transactions of 4000 and then 500 and the second one went through

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It's highly unlikely that Axis Bank would introduce a new setting exclusively for you. 🤣 While it's a good suggestion, I'm not aware of any other bank offering a feature where you can make only one tap and pay transaction per day.
overall limits is a very basic feature for a long time in online and pos transactions to limit unauthorized usage even in case of high credit limits. Whats so special about tap that this cant be done.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
overall limits is a very basic feature for a long time in online and pos transactions to limit unauthorized usage even in case of high credit limits. Whats so special about tap that this cant be done.
I'm not a developer of this app, so this question should be directed to the developers at Axis Bank. Perhaps the Axis Rats can provide an answer to this question. 🤣

Also samsung pay gives points. You can gain 290 points per month and get 500 worth voucher every 9 months. You only have to use the app for 12 payments via upi or card and one small bill payment for 50 bonus points, also since it's on phone. You can use your samsung pay app to make cads transactions even if you don't have internet or network since it required your fingerprint for verification.

Screenshot_20230702_194005_Samsung Wallet.png
Screenshot_20230702_194047_Samsung Wallet.png

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Also samsung pay gives points. You can gain 290 points per month and get 500 worth voucher every 9 months. You only have to use the app for 12 payments via upi or card and one small bill payment for 50 bonus points, also since it's on phone. You can use your samsung pay app to make cads transactions even if you don't have internet or network since it required your fingerprint for verification.

Screenshot_20230702_194005_Samsung Wallet.png
Screenshot_20230702_194047_Samsung Wallet.png
Is this like phonepe? Filling wallet and paying QR or linking cc to samsung pay like linking Rupay cc to QR?