• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to avoid Electricity bill convenience fee when paying by CC

commonaman

TF Buzz
My avg electricity bill (TPDDL) is around 60K per month and when I pay through my CC they charge 0.75% convenience fee which amounts to a-lot yearly (around 5400 INR)
I just wanted to ask if there is any way to avoid this convenience fee and still pay through my CC?
APay restricts bill payments to 15k if using card.

I always use 70-100% limit on all my cards. That particularly doesn't matter.
They cannot know that. But, they have estimated figures for domestic payments. Like a bill which costs Rs 60k , can never be a domestic bill, unless it's rich people's house.
Similarly, if you shop a lot from Online shops, that you use 70-100+ % limit through Cards, banks will also step back and analyze your spend structure. Because, it is clearly mentioned in all Credit Cards that one cannot use it for commercial purpose. Commercial cards are different, and they have low late fee charges, and low to none reward rates

My avg electricity bill (TPDDL) is around 60K per month and when I pay through my CC they charge 0.75% convenience fee which amounts to a-lot yearly (around 5400 INR)
I just wanted to ask if there is any way to avoid this convenience fee and still pay through my CC?
You can make electricity bill payment of max 20000 without extra charge from cred application

Amazon is not allowing any utility bill payments above 10,000/- through credit card or Amazon pay balance.
It's only allowing UPI mode.

Further, ATLAS card is not getting registered with GPAY app.

Fyi, you can use payzapp and add any bank creditcard to pay your electricity bill.

Pay before bill generation
In multiple of 5000 and using Billdesk gateway via official TPDDL Website.

Via Gpay using cc you can pay your electricity without any charges.
Each month I get a bill of 1.5L -2 L
I am paying partial with net banking via TTDPL website & remaining with cc so that it doesn't get block due commercial purpose.

Use this 👆👆

Cons- you need do 25k Advance payment for that. (You can do Advance payment on deu date it will get adjusted in next month)

Generally, you can setup auto payment of your bills in the credit card payment app.

In iMobile (for ICICI cards), they don't charge convenience fees.

Similar should be the case for hdfc and sbi cards.

For sbi cards, I got an email stating, that if I setup autopay for my bills, the I will get additional cashback.

Did you think of this option?

Regards,

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-16-20-55-03-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-16-20-55-03-41.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 10
Back