• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to check if HDFC bank account is classic?

gobsy

TF Premier
Basically it shows savings regular in mobile app? How to know if it has been converted to classic? I have approved the consent sent by RM.

i talked to my branch today to upgrade to classic, they said something like your account is non managed account( funds always above mab in my account ), we can't upgrade. they aren't even explaining what the issue. i again asked them then how can i upgrade, they said just wait for offer.. what kind of logic is this ?
offer may take 3-6 month.
i have normal hdfc account with 10k mab.

what can i do now ? any way to upgrade to classic ?
But it doesn't take 6 months for sure. Think after 2-3 months after maintaining the balance the offer appears on the app.

currently maintaining more than 2 lacs, still branch denying upgrade
If you are maintaining two lakhs then they will offer you Preferred. But its strange as to how the branch is unable to do so. I remember that my branch upgraded my account to Classic (after consent) but since I was maintaining > 2 lakhs so Preferred was offered automatically and upgraded after the consent.

i talked to my branch today to upgrade to classic, they said something like your account is non managed account( funds always above mab in my account ), we can't upgrade. they aren't even explaining what the issue. i again asked them then how can i upgrade, they said just wait for offer.. what kind of logic is this ?

Another person had same problem of non managed group in community. Please search it and see how he got it resolved

currently maintaining more than 2 lacs, still branch denying upgrade
Put extra few lakhs into it
Go talk to BM directly.
He'll push you for an FD/investments, and delay your upgrade for a month or so

Keep at it, take regular updates. It will be upgraded to preferred.
If the BM does not listen, threaten to change your branch (pyaar se) and then change.

All conversations to be done nicely only.

I have a salary account with hdfc, Right now I am getting offer to upgrade to classic but I am thinking is there any benifit of upgrading at all? For example debit card is by default free in salary account, there is no mab in salary account so is it even worth it to upgrade for me?

Put extra few lakhs into it
Go talk to BM directly.
He'll push you for an FD/investments, and delay your upgrade for a month or so

Keep at it, take regular updates. It will be upgraded to preferred.
If the BM does not listen, threaten to change your branch (pyaar se) and then change.

All conversations to be done nicely only.
i already have 2-3x funds then required

i didn't talked to BM yet but will do

people getting upgraded within 1-2 days, why should i wait.

also when i asked today, bank employee told me your account is non managed, well after going through another thread regarding this, i can see my account is normal, looks like that bank person intentionally denying upgrade

i already have 2-3x funds then required

i didn't talked to BM yet but will do

people getting upgraded within 1-2 days, why should i wait.

also when i asked today, bank employee told me your account is non managed, well after going through another thread regarding this, i can see my account is normal, looks like that bank person intentionally denying upgrade
You might have to wait, because at the end of the day it's the BM's discretion.
Preferred and all these accounts are.higher tier accounts - i.e. more responsibilities on the BM regarding your banking needs and complaints.

If you come off as too strong, why would he risk making you a preferred customer?

Also preferred has 2L amb -- keep 2-3x of that

If you don't wish to wait or be at the BM's discretion, open a new account (imperia) with 5-10L cheque🤷

You might have to wait, because at the end of the day it's the BM's discretion.
Preferred and all these accounts are.higher tier accounts - i.e. more responsibilities on the BM regarding your banking needs and complaints.

If you come off as too strong, why would he risk making you a preferred customer?

Also preferred has 2L amb -- keep 2-3x of that
i was asking for classic upgrade, which is easily provided as far as i know

Best way is to go n talk to ur branch manager or deputy manager they will help you. My branch manager offer me imperia account with 6L MAB but i declined

What I know is, Ac can only be upgraded to premier banking (be it classic or imperia) if you have a saving max ac (25K MAB).

He is currently using the 10K MAB, I don’t think you will get any upgrade offer even if you maintain 10L in it.

Back