• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to clear credit card bill payment from abroad as an NRI

Tonymathew

TF Select
For future knowledge

I was considering applying for pnb rupay select CC which offers LTF for one transaction every quarter.

1) Suppose if I work abroad as an NRI, how can I pay the credit card bill, as I'd like to keep the card for its international lounge and other benefits??

2) Also how can I use all my credit cards for online purchases from indian website, since I would not be receiving any otp to my oho e number, if I plan to take my sim with me abroad. (Don't know if I get otp in mail)

Couldn't find any amiable answer, hence starting a thread.

Solution
Yes by the end of this FY's filing.
Now that you've got the clearance, guide me on how to pay CC bill from abroad
From past 7 years i am paying credit card bills of more than 15 cards without any issue. You have multiple options such as CRED, amazon, paytm etc. For OTP there is no issue at all. Jio and airtel incoming messages will work all over the world.
Does PNB even allow you to redeem international lounge visits? From what i read here you can't use them. I closed mine a few months ago.
Yes bro international lounge is there according to rupay program.
I do have a central bank rupay platinum dc, which I used to access lounge in Vietnam 🇻🇳
1000003014.jpg

BTW i use my JIO sim to get SMS abroad. You just need a local plan, and some top up for PAY AS YOU USE rates. No need to have a international plan active.

For future knowledge

I was considering applying for pnb rupay select CC which offers LTF for one transaction every quarter.

1) Suppose if I work abroad as an NRI, how can I pay the credit card bill, as I'd like to keep the card for its international lounge and other benefits??

2) Also how can I use all my credit cards for online purchases from indian website, since I would not be receiving any otp to my oho e number, if I plan to take my sim with me abroad. (Don't know if I get otp in mail)

Couldn't find any amiable answer, hence starting a thread.
First things first, To apply PNB select you need to have last 2 years ITR. Do you have ITR returns?

So if I have 365 day valid plan, would I be receiving sms to that number when abroad? Or do I have to have extra 10-20 rupee recharge while about to receive such otps?
You need to have some balance too. But that is just to keep international roaming active. Incoming SMS won't be charged at all. Also make sure International roaming is active before you leave India. It cannot be activated once you are roaming.

Yes by the end of this FY's filing.
Now that you've got the clearance, guide me on how to pay CC bill from abroad
From past 7 years i am paying credit card bills of more than 15 cards without any issue. You have multiple options such as CRED, amazon, paytm etc. For OTP there is no issue at all. Jio and airtel incoming messages will work all over the world.

Solution
Back