• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to earn at least 5k/year per acer Land?

Enthusiastic

TF Premier
yes this can also be done but need many conditions to match like active solar radiation, temperature, grid connectivity(as this is not mega and not mini so need appropriate grid capacity ) and a huge legal cum bureaucratic process as power purchase is monopoly of govt same is for distribution.... and returns per acre wouldn't be much in initial years as grid stabilization takes months if not more... and decision to put up to solar and actual earning financial income starts, atleast 2yrs Or more from initial investment.... and needs long term like 20+yrs and even post 15yrs the returns start to diminish given the life cycle of solar cell technology at present.... so technically 10yrs of returns but 20yrs of lockin with heavy upfront worrk.... so it's still good.... but choice is to have what's working
He is suggested that rent out to Companies who will invest themselves.

For 1 individuals it is huge headache.

Enthusiastic

TF Premier
I'm saying about lease his land means give it out on rent . Not to invest his own money on solar power plant. There are many companies in States like Maharashtra which acquire farmers land (rent basis) on solar power production purpose
Few years ago we did inquiry about this when it was launched.

They gives 10k/acers.
But, this type of project mostly giving to political leaders relatives.

(From 20 km from my location there is one of big political leader who have this project with There relatives land).

deep@vie

TF Legend
Hey, we have nearly 48 acers land, from that we can only able to handle or able to grow crop in only 5 acers.

Remaining, 43 acers is PADIK(without cultivation) from 10 years because of Unable to handle that much of land for Agriculture.

Also, it will take 20-30 lakhs to repair it and make it able grow good crops.

Water is - moderate (so can't grow sugarcane)
Location- Rural area not have so many facilities

Can anyone have any idea to utilize this land with at least 5k/acer per year profit?.
location please

vn_1

TF Select
Hey, we have nearly 48 acers land, from that we can only able to handle or able to grow crop in only 5 acers.

Remaining, 43 acers is PADIK(without cultivation) from 10 years because of Unable to handle that much of land for Agriculture.

Can anyone have any idea to utilize this land with at least 5k/acer per year profit?.
1. In which state and district?
2. what type of soil?
3. Average rainfall in the area?
4 Ground water availability? At what depth?
5 Dependent on canal water?
6 what do you mean by repair? is it filled with rocks or it became Forrest?
7. how much money can you deploy?
8 Is it beside any major road? like state or national highway?

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace

1. See if anyone is interested in setting up a solar farm. You charge rent from them if someone is interested in a project. But this would mean your land would be unusable for a long time.
2. Can try your hand at Horticulture. You would need to invest in a greenhouse.
3. Sericulture is also a good option. Demand for silk is also growing(so are the prices).
4. Best option would be to lease out the land for short-term(5 years) at a low price. This way after they are done, you can use that fertile land to grow your crops.

Last edited:

Enthusiastic

TF Premier
1. In which state and district?
2. what type of soil?
3. Average rainfall in the area?
4 Ground water availability? At what depth?
5 Dependent on canal water?
6 what do you mean by repair? is it filled with rocks or it became Forrest?
7. how much money can you deploy?
8 Is it beside any major road? like state or national highway?
1. Solapur , Maharashtra
2. I can't tell about soil in....Idk what to say in English 😅
3. Rainfall is medium
4. It start from 14ft
5. No canal
6. No rocks, no forest, it's just become like
ground because of without cultivation
7. Currently, for 2 or 4 years we don't want to invest more than 4 lakh we have other plans
8. Nope, it's In Village location but main roads are 3 km far but no problem with transport it's very easy

Enthusiastic

TF Premier
1. See if anyone is interested in setting up a solar farm. You charge rent from them if someone is interested in a project. But this would mean your land would be unusable for a long time.
2. Can try your hand at Horticulture. You would need to invest in a greenhouse.
3. Sericulture is also a good option. Demand for silk is also growing(so are the prices).
4. Best option would be to lease out the land for short-term(5 years) at a low price. This way after they are done, you can use that fertile land to grow your crops.
1. Its good option, also I did inquiry about that, with MAHAVITARAN. Officer said for our district fund is not available for now. (Reply from 3 years)😅 Rent is Fixed - 10k/acer

2. ,3., 4. It is more difficult to manage.😅

ankushanup1

TF Premier
hey given that solapur is bordering adjoining drought prone areas of vidarbha, Northeastern karnataka and marathavada region the general mentality would be of less water resources but seems like that has seeped in to a large extent in addressing the issue here
I can clearly say that if ground water level is 14ft as per your answer it's not a bad scenario as forget 14ft even if 50ft ie 3x your assumptions it would be irrigated effeciently by employing water conserving methods of drip/sprinkler etc to non water intensive crops (read sugarcane)
There are many options here but need to work long term like take 10yrs+ to bring the whole land to productive use case should be the approach I would have taken by snowballing technique where in you start small sustain it and expand exponentially. For this to work you should be expecting nothing economially for atleast a decade but dont requir huge investment but can be dine only if sustained human capital is available at disposal plus a strong committed leader to lead it
So here you have to first decide what you're going to take the path like do cropping-horticulure-commercial usage like solar etc
contd....

ankushanup1

TF Premier
given the general setting that large irrigation projects do irrigate large tracts of land do pust towards a mono cropping culture In this part of the world is the norm but clearly as per your answerthat hasn't worked out in your case..... So expected results should not be benchmarked towards this is the first and the most important decision here

So once you have decided what to do you can approach any with a long horizon to make it work... if not leasing or renting is the only way but that's also to appropriate tenants who harbour the earlier said goals

given that the soil in this region is black loamy soil which is very good in water retention and have good biomass perennial crops won't give much yield as it's prone to too drastic seasonap changes.... So multimulti year horticulture would thrive here
consider intercropping Sandal (these are growing very well across north eastern karnataka) as it's a semiparisitic and takes atleast a decade to yield results but the intercrop like fruit like mango /chikoo/guava will start yielding in 3-5yrs and requirel too little tending
you may supplement these with say a grain like jowar Or flowering or some others in short term

this is just asas a, strategy to build upon not exactly like this but can approach the problem systematically.... is my views here and bear in mind sandal wood protection is very key here in above example.....
contd....

ankushanup1

TF Premier
Sorry for long post but the scenario demands such a thing. For more such ideas or brain storming you could employ local farmers or cross country communities on these lines....
there was agro tourism pitch on shark tank india season 1 by a vidharba person Pandurang Taware who belongs to one such agricultural problem he has solved and has scaled.... I think he could understand your problem given the socio economic similarty and cultural bandwith to help you out here. so feel free to reach out people like them..... But my views are from personal experience.... please dont get me wrong.... I just wanted to put it across .... and just wanna help... nothing more

Enthusiastic

TF Premier
Sorry for long post but the scenario demands such a thing. For more such ideas or brain storming you could employ local farmers or cross country communities on these lines....
there was agro tourism pitch on shark tank india season 1 by a vidharba person Pandurang Taware who belongs to one such agricultural problem he has solved and has scaled.... I think he could understand your problem given the socio economic similarty and cultural bandwith to help you out here. so feel free to reach out people like them..... But my views are from personal experience.... please dont get me wrong.... I just wanted to put it across .... and just wanna help... nothing more

There is nothing wrong. I am really want thanks to for thats much of long answer.

We dont are not near to Vidrabha. we have Enough Rain water in ground for 9-10 months out of 12. For Rest of 3 months we have keep reserve with Farm Pond, it's enough for 6-7 acers)

But there is different situation in our case-

Actually Problem is that, For farming there should be at least 1 person to give can look into this or Manage it and can give time. (That what we don't have everyone is busy)

By looking about Profit of crops, its too much less and compare to hard work/time. So for next 10yrs we don't want invest in Farm.

And also have different plans.

Rather than sugarcane nothing is give benifit. (But need water for whole a year- we have for 9 months)- so we can grow limited sugarcane.

For your knowledge, Short term crops which you said are not give profit. Many time you will get only avg 4k or 5k profit from acers after calculation.- (if totally dependents on Labours)

Many time it goes in negative.

This year's calculations of Short term crop is negative (but we depended on Farm that's why , it's not effect us)

3 days ago 1 of our neighbor paid from his pocket for selling 100s of bags of Onion in Market.

It's not that easy to survive Farm 😄. After 4 months hard work.

For Fruit plants, it's myth that they need less care😅 they also need too much care, planning etc. We already have Lemmon plants in 2.5 acers.

(practically it's really different Sanrio )

You are right that, Farming can be profitable if we decide to get profit. But as I early said, don't have enough time.

Agro Tourism is not good as you think.😄
I know it's still great idea- but again it need Time and money.

Sadal Wood will give profit in CR. But, security means again comes Manange and time and also need good negative cash flow. sadal tree don't make its own food, they are parasite. So, we need plant other seperate special tree for per sadal tree.

May be you posted this because you have less practical experience about Farming or may be your area is Good for Faming practices...😄

I made post here, because In this community there is most of people doing job. And I thought may be someone is here who have similar type of situation and how they dealing witg this . Just for to know, Practical idea who have already worked on idea. Or who is utilizing Land with at least some profit with mental peace.