• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get a passport without Birth certificate and marksheets

rj_arora

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Friends, my mother has lost her Birth certificate and marksheets. How can we apply passport for her? The agents here are telling me that either of these is mandatory for applying for passport. She doesn't have any education-related documents whatsoever with her right now. All of them were misplaced sadly. Can anyone help me please?

Last edited:
Hi Friends, my mother has lost her Birth certificate and marksheets. How can we apply passport for her? The agents here are telling me that either of these is mandatory for applying for passport. Can anyone help me please?
You can go to the local municipality office which falls under the birthplace jurisdiction of your mother and ask for reissue of Birth Certificate. They will check for her details and issue. Nominal fee is 100-200 but if they can't find then they have to rework and add a fresh entry based on hospital discharge summary (They may charge 1200-1500 in this case). Either case it should not be that difficult to get Birth Certificate considering you already had this before there will be entry against her details in the local municipality.

You can go to the local municipality office which falls under the birthplace jurisdiction of your mother and ask for reissue of Birth Certificate. They will check for her details and issue. Nominal fee is 100-200 but if they can't find then they have to rework and add a fresh entry based on hospital discharge summary (They may charge 1200-1500 in this case). Either case it should not be that difficult to get Birth Certificate considering you already had this before there will be entry against her details in the local municipality.
It might be difficult because of the time gap, but let me try :)

Hi Friends, my mother has lost her Birth certificate and marksheets. How can we apply passport for her? The agents here are telling me that either of these is mandatory for applying for passport. Can anyone help me please?
Birth Certificate and Marksheets?

I filled my mother's application last month and PAN card was a valid document for Date of Birth. For Non-ECR, School Leaving is valid. 🤣

Just fill out the application online. It's too easy and seamless. Hardly takes 30 minutes.

If your mother did a professional course, ONLY Degree Certificate is required for Non-ECR. Any educational qualification above 10th Grade is eligible for Non-ECR. Don't stress too much.

Birth Certificate and Marksheets?

I filled my mother's application last month and PAN card was a valid document for Date of Birth. For Non-ECR, School Leaving is valid. 🤣

Just fill out the application online. It's too easy and seamless. Hardly takes 30 minutes.

If your mother did a professional course, ONLY Degree Certificate is required for Non-ECR. Any educational qualification above 10th Grade is eligible for Non-ECR. Don't stress too much.
She doesn't have any education-related documents whatsoever with her right now. All of them were misplaced sadly. What to do now?

You can use Aadhar and Pan only, will be issued ECR passport which has no real effect for someone who is not looking to go to middle east countries for searching work.
I have lost my marksheets as well and just used aadhar and pan card for getting passport back in 2018, its much more streamlined now a days.
Use passport app and check for documents advisor. Screenshot_20240914_154415_mPassport Seva.webp Screenshot_20240914_154427_Chrome.webp Screenshot_20240914_154438_Chrome.webp

if the age of ur mother is >50, Aadhar + Pan will work, No other document is required.
If less than 50, then you can also show any property document, ITR filed, etc for Non-ECR passport
She is 52. Are you sure only Aadhar + Pan will work? Because the Atal Sewa Kendra centres in my city are saying that additional docs like SLC/Degree/Marksheet is required too. Also , are you talking about ECR or Non-ECR?

She is 52. Are you sure only Aadhar + Pan will work? Because the Atal Sewa Kendra centres in my city are saying that additional docs like SLC/Degree/Marksheet is required too. Also , are you talking about ECR or Non-ECR?
Sure.
My mother's appointment was on 12 sept, and I was having the same confusion.
Pan+Aadhar is enough and mark sheet is not required, provided DOB is mentioned on either PAN or Aadhar and other details are correct on these documents

Non-ECR
Just upload Aadhar and PAN while applying and verify it with Digilocker.
But on the site they have mentioned that for Non-ECR we either need Birth Certificate or School leaving certificate. How did you bypass this? My parents have a similar case. Their names on Birth certificate are not correct. I have 2 options: Either I give an ad in some local newspaper or go for ECR passport. If you can please explain how you get through just by Aadhar and PAN it would be really helpful.

1726389915956.webp

But on the site they have mentioned that for Non-ECR we either need Birth Certificate or School leaving certificate. How did you bypass this? My parents have a similar case. Their names on Birth certificate are not correct. I have 2 options: Either I give an ad in some local newspaper or go for ECR passport. If you can please explain how you get through just by Aadhar and PAN it would be really helpful.

View attachment 68912
Pan card works as DoB proof.
No need to show birth certificate or 10th marksheet, just upload PAN and Aadhar

Depends on the State of residence. The Police have been instructed to insist on certain documents during police verification in certain states that are not indicated in passport website.

Reactions: SSV
Requirements:
1) DOB: PAN / Aadhar among some other documents are required. The key point here is the document used should have full DOB , like ddmmyyyy
2) address: Aadhar and a lot of other allowed docs..

So technically Aadhar ( original copy) is enough for both DOB and Address proof..

For Non ECR passports, we need to 10th class and above certificate…
Here is the catch.. some dickhead officials insist on 10th certificate only, even though you have even higher education qualifications… that again depends upon regions passport staff. Ie local staff dependent…

For ECR passports, no need of any educational qualifications…The drawback of ECR ,there are some restrictions with regard to some middle eastern countries..

Again , some different rules apply to persons above 50 years . Please check the passport web site…

Generally speaking for persons above 50 years they don’t trouble too much…

All the best...

See if the following rule can be applied in your case to claim Non ECR status

1)
All persons above the age of 50 years

i) Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Births & Deaths
OR
ii) School leaving certificate / Secondary School leaving certificate/ Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution

2)
Income-Tax payers (including Agricultural Income-Tax payees) in their individual capacity, their spouses and dependent children below the age 18 years

i) Proof of assessment of income tax and actual payment of income tax for last one year
OR
ii) Income Tax return statement (with income tax being paid by the applicant) for last one year that is stamped by income tax authorities and a copy of the PAN card
Note: i) Proof of payment of advance tax is not sufficient. You need to submit additional documents as specified above
ii) Applicants submitting NILL income tax return statement are not eligible.
For spouses, certificate signifying relation
i) An attested copy of marriage certificate issued by the Marriage Registrar needs to be submitted. For verification, spouse's name needs to be endorsed in the applicant's passport.
OR
For dependent children certificate signifying relation
i) Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth Certificate by Registrar of Births and Deaths
OR
ii) School leaving certificate / Secondary School leaving certificate/ Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution

More details @

Last edited:
Back