• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get a passport without Birth certificate and marksheets

Requirements:
1) DOB: PAN / Aadhar among some other documents are required. The key point here is the document used should have full DOB , like ddmmyyyy
2) address: Aadhar and a lot of other allowed docs..

So technically Aadhar ( original copy) is enough for both DOB and Address proof..

For ECNR passports, we need to 10th class ans above certificate…
Here is the catch.. some dickhead officials insist on 10th certificate only, even though you have even higher education qualifications… that again depends upon regions passport staff. Ie local staff dependent…

For ECR passports, no need of any educational qualifications…The only drawback is the passport holder can’t visit some middle eastern countries..

Again , there is some different rules apply to persons above 50 years . Please check the passport web site…

Generally speaking for persons above 50 years they don’t trouble much…

All the best
For ECR passports, getting work permit from certain countries is a bit difficult. I don't think there is any issue in getting a tourist or transit visa for those countries. Recently, I observed a note mentioned on E-Aadhar that Aadhar should not be considered a proof of DOB. This makes PAN card imperative with proper format - DD/MM/YYYY

I am planning to get a passport for my elder sister, but there seems to be an issue with 10th Certificate which has her maiden name and after marriage, PAN and Aadhar has her husband's surname.

For ECR passports, getting work permit from certain countries is a bit difficult. I don't think there is any issue in getting a tourist or transit visa for those countries. Recently, I observed a note mentioned on E-Aadhar that Aadhar should not be considered a proof of DOB. This makes PAN card imperative with proper format - DD/MM/YYYY

I am planning to get a passport for my elder sister, but there seems to be an issue with 10th Certificate which has her maiden name and after marriage, PAN and Aadhar has her husband's surname.
That is why we need the original aadhar card issued with full DOB ,then we dont need PAN.
Or else there are many other eligible DOB docs which can be used..PAN is not imperative

Requirements:
1) DOB: PAN / Aadhar among some other documents are required. The key point here is the document used should have full DOB , like ddmmyyyy
2) address: Aadhar and a lot of other allowed docs..

So technically Aadhar ( original copy) is enough for both DOB and Address proof..

For Non ECR passports, we need to 10th class and above certificate…
Here is the catch.. some dickhead officials insist on 10th certificate only, even though you have even higher education qualifications… that again depends upon regions passport staff. Ie local staff dependent…

For ECR passports, no need of any educational qualifications…The drawback of ECR ,there are some restrictions with regard to some middle eastern countries..

Again , some different rules apply to persons above 50 years . Please check the passport web site…

Generally speaking for persons above 50 years they don’t trouble too much…

All the best...

See if the following rule can be applied in your case to claim Non ECR status

1)
All persons above the age of 50 years

i) Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Births & Deaths
OR
ii) School leaving certificate / Secondary School leaving certificate/ Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution

2)
Income-Tax payers (including Agricultural Income-Tax payees) in their individual capacity, their spouses and dependent children below the age 18 years

i) Proof of assessment of income tax and actual payment of income tax for last one year
OR
ii) Income Tax return statement (with income tax being paid by the applicant) for last one year that is stamped by income tax authorities and a copy of the PAN card
Note: i) Proof of payment of advance tax is not sufficient. You need to submit additional documents as specified above
ii) Applicants submitting NILL income tax return statement are not eligible.
For spouses, certificate signifying relation
i) An attested copy of marriage certificate issued by the Marriage Registrar needs to be submitted. For verification, spouse's name needs to be endorsed in the applicant's passport.
OR
For dependent children certificate signifying relation
i) Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth Certificate by Registrar of Births and Deaths
OR
ii) School leaving certificate / Secondary School leaving certificate/ Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution

More details @

Oh yeah, my mother has an ITR statement. Can that be submitted with PAN and Aadhar?
She doesn't have Birth Certificate and any School leaving certificate.

Oh yeah, my mother has an ITR statement. Can that be submitted with PAN and Aadhar?
She doesn't have Birth Certificate and any School leaving certificate.
yes, as per the rules.. need to find out with your local passport processing office guys or anyone who had done locally at your office..

Back