• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get a PNB Rupay CC without opening an account

Enthusiast

TF Premier
I applied for PNB Platinum rupay credit card a month back and completed vKYC on the same day, i dont have any previous relationship with them. After waiting for 3-4 weeks, Last week i contacted the customer care about the status and they told me vKYC is pending. Im shocked and explained them it is finished but i dont have any proof other than vKYC time slot schedule message to prove my point. They instructed me to apply it again and when im trying to apply, it is saying you already applied, then i tried to book a slot for vKYC, an error is coming to visit nearest branch (refer attached pic). When i visited the branch last saturday, i was told that only who have bank account with PNB will get credit cards from now. but im not interested to open an account. So, any other route to get a rupay credit card?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 29

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Check this thread here

It is not true that you need to hold a savings account with them.

I applied for PNB Platinum rupay credit card on 31 May 2023 and completed vKYC on the next day. I had no previous relationship with PNB. After 2 days i.e. on 3 June 2023 I received sms that my vKYC has been approved, Seeing no development in next 3-4 days, I called customer care, they said it takes time. But, to my surprise, I received sms on 6th June that, my application no. WC23........... is lying discrepant. Then I again contacted customer care, and with their help I mailed salary slip, bank statement & Form 16 to email id creditcardpnb2@pnb.co.in on the same day. After almost a week, I received on 15th June that my application for Rupay Platinum Credit card has been approved. Next day, I tried to log-in PNB Genie APP and I succeeded and could see my virtual credit card. Limit of Rs.. 1.2 Lakh was given to me. After 3 days my physical card was despatched and on 30th June 2023 I received the same. Thus, I got PNB Rupay Platinum Credit Card from Punjab National Bank without having or opening any Bank Account.

At the time of online application, it says 1.5 lakh as limit for my credit card. However, after doing VKYC, and after final approval, it says 75,000/-. I have been using it on the UPI platform ever since. Absolute smooth affair. Did over 55,000 worth 35 Trxns in the first 1 month. No problem at all. Very happy.

girish3456

TF Premier
I applied for PNB Platinum rupay credit card a month back and completed vKYC on the same day, i dont have any previous relationship with them. After waiting for 3-4 weeks, Last week i contacted the customer care about the status and they told me vKYC is pending. Im shocked and explained them it is finished but i dont have any proof other than vKYC time slot schedule message to prove my point. They instructed me to apply it again and when im trying to apply, it is saying you already applied, then i tried to book a slot for vKYC, an error is coming to visit nearest branch (refer attached pic). When i visited the branch last saturday, i was told that only who have bank account with PNB will get credit cards from now. but im not interested to open an account. So, any other route to get a rupay credit card?
Contact Vamshi from PNB Ashok Nagar cross roads (Hyd) branch from CC dept. on +91 8142730102.

He may help you may with a fresh application. No need to open a bank account. I have visited the bank and asked the manager about my interest towards PNB Rupay credit card. Initially she asked to open a account but I requested that I will do it some time later once the card got approved. Now PNB Rupay credit card got approved. No point in opening a bank account with PNB when I already have 2 other bank accounts 😄

Finally if you are ok in applying a fresh application if possible, Vamshi can help you.

Say referred by Girish from Lower Tank Bund