• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to maximise the rewards on my spends?

Hello Good Folks !!

I am very confused and the more I read, I seem to go into the rewards rabbit hole. Need your help to understand of I an doing it right?

I got Infinia (with one addon), Amex Gold charge (with one addon) and Axis Airtel

I do most of my spends on Infinia including Amazon, Flipkart, Big Basket, Swiggy with GVs, flights and hotels on smartbuy etc, insurance

I use Amex Gold for fuel purchases. I have around 10k to 12k fuel spends exclusively on Indian Oil.

Axis Airtel for paying Airtel Black bill, electricity bill.

I recently got HDFC Imperia platinum DC and will pay to pay the Amex and Axis bills to get 1% CB on HDFC billpay

I believe I am missing out on rewards on fuel transactions, Rent (60k per month)and apartment maintenance charges, tax payments and my UPI spends, and maybe on credit card payments.

Need your opinion and suggestions, which cards would be best to cover all the above user cases with maximum rewards possible.

Cards I have considered (but unsure if it will solve my situation)

1. AMEX trifecta for rent and fuel but not sure how to best optimise the spends and use the rewards
2. Tata NEU Infinity for UPI, not sure as rewards are only good for tata apps. My spends on tata apps is low but can still use if I need to use the coins.
3. HDFC BizPower Rupay for tax payments and UPI (Have talked to RM and got a confirmation. Bizblack spend limit was high for my spends)

Will this help? Am I missing something? Or should I try something else?
Please help 🙏
Thanks in advance

Hello Good Folks !!

I am very confused and the more I read, I seem to go into the rewards rabbit hole. Need your help to understand of I an doing it right?

I got Infinia (with one addon), Amex Gold charge (with one addon) and Axis Airtel

I do most of my spends on Infinia including Amazon, Flipkart, Big Basket, Swiggy with GVs, flights and hotels on smartbuy etc, insurance

I use Amex Gold for fuel purchases. I have around 10k to 12k fuel spends exclusively on Indian Oil.

Axis Airtel for paying Airtel Black bill, electricity bill.

I recently got HDFC Imperia platinum DC and will pay to pay the Amex and Axis bills to get 1% CB on HDFC billpay

I believe I am missing out on rewards on fuel transactions, Rent (60k per month)and apartment maintenance charges, tax payments and my UPI spends, and maybe on credit card payments.

Need your opinion and suggestions, which cards would be best to cover all the above user cases with maximum rewards possible.

Cards I have considered (but unsure if it will solve my situation)

1. AMEX trifecta for rent and fuel but not sure how to best optimise the spends and use the rewards
2. Tata NEU Infinity for UPI, not sure as rewards are only good for tata apps. My spends on tata apps is low but can still use if I need to use the coins.
3. HDFC BizPower Rupay for tax payments and UPI (Have talked to RM and got a confirmation. Bizblack spend limit was high for my spends)

Will this help? Am I missing something? Or should I try something else?
Please help 🙏
Thanks in advance
For fuel get a dedicated fuel card and you can’t get 1%cb on hdfc bill pay .

Which Fuel card would you suggest?

I plan to use Amex GC and MRCC 6k each to get ~6% and 5.5% CB respectively.

Could you suggest cards with better reward rates?

Back