• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to maximize utilization of Magnus Burgundy and Infinia combo

I have a monthly spend of around 4-4.5 lac. Earlier I spent majority of them through Magnus Burgundy but given their devaluation I am considering adding Infinia to my portfolio. I really loved the rewards provided by Axis. In fact, after the devaluation, my monthly rewards increased as all the spend above 1.5 lacs gave me a reward rate of 14%. Now that that they have devalued Magnus again, I do not find it as attractive as before.

One more disadvantage of using Magnus was that I had to redeem all my reward points for travel only and did not had an option of buying gadgets which infinia provides. I usually do have one or two major expense on gadget a year either for me or my family.

Given that I am completely new to HDFC banking, can someone give me a summary of how to maximize the reward utilization and earning on it given I would mostly try to redeem the rewards on gadgets (Apple and Samsung) as Magnus still provides a decent reward rate for travel.

I have already received an offer for infinia from the RM so getting the card should not be an issue.

Given that I am completely new to HDFC banking, can someone give me a summary of how to maximize the reward utilization and earning on it given I would mostly try to redeem the rewards on gadgets (Apple and Samsung)

Apple - most of the time you're paying MRP.

1712397139396.png 1712397365193.png

+ additionally you're loosing
1712397245473.png

--

now, calculate the reward point value you're getting for this purchase and see whether it is beneficial or not?

Samsung:

MRP Prices and 1RP=0.50p.. again if we do whole cost analysis it will reduce drastically.

an option of buying gadgets which infinia provides.
For this purpose, I won't recommend for a person havinng M4B.

Attachments

• 1712398140798.png
    1712398140798.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back