• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to message mods?

Post atleast 100 messages as replies and your post will be approved. Because it doesn't look like legit at the moment or needed.

Last edited:
As above, want to share details about the chrome extension we are working for automatic credit card points calculation at checkout, but posts getting rejected :(
There's huge chances of scam or something. No one will enable chrome extension to safeguard their card details.

Also, may I know how are you calculating card points during checkout?

You will take card details to know the card variant and all and will calculate reward points accordingly.

But you don't know the MCC, so how are you going to calculate exact points during checkout?

Looks fishy, so mods are doing good job.

There's huge chances of scam or something. No one will enable chrome extension to safeguard their card details.

Also, may I know how are you calculating card points during checkout?

You will take card details to know the card variant and all and will calculate reward points accordingly.

But you don't know the MCC, so how are you going to calculate exact points during checkout?

Looks fishy, so mods are doing good job.
Maybe I didn't do a good enough job of explaining how the extension works. All data is stored locally. The extension does not ask you to enter any card details, we only ask that you tell us which card you have (Yes or No type of information).
For different card variants, the user can specify while adding the card to help calculate the rewards appropriately.
We detect whether you are on a checkout page locally, and then calculate based rewards based on your cart value, and where you are shopping from. No identifying information leaves the browser.
Re: being fishy, we do not require any login or sharing of any personal information. The extension is approved and published in the Chrome extension store, which involves clearing Google's privacy and safety checks.
Yes, we might be buggy, but fishy is not us. We came here hoping to reach a wider community of users so we can help people manage multiple cards better and yes, also get some feedback and feature requests to improve.

Maybe I didn't do a good enough job of explaining how the extension works. All data is stored locally. The extension does not ask you to enter any card details, we only ask that you tell us which card you have (Yes or No type of information).
For different card variants, the user can specify while adding the card to help calculate the rewards appropriately.
We detect whether you are on a checkout page locally, and then calculate based rewards based on your cart value, and where you are shopping from. No identifying information leaves the browser.
Re: being fishy, we do not require any login or sharing of any personal information. The extension is approved and published in the Chrome extension store, which involves clearing Google's privacy and safety checks.
Yes, we might be buggy, but fishy is not us. We came here hoping to reach a wider community of users so we can help people manage multiple cards better and yes, also get some feedback and feature requests to improve.
You still haven't told how are you calculating reward points without MCC. And however good your product may be, without MCC, it is of no use.

People who are financially and technically aware enough to download and enable your extension, are also financially and technically aware enough to calculate reward points just by looking at the price or sometimes may need a calculator.

But don't expect them to be dumb enough that they need an extension for it.
People who are actually dumb and need your extension aren't here and they will never be able to know and use your product.

If you build a product which finds out the MCC before payment, everyone here would love to use your product.

PS: Take my words as a constructive feedback.

You still haven't told how are you calculating reward points without MCC. And however good your product may be, without MCC, it is of no use.

People who are financially and technically aware enough to download and enable your extension, are also financially and technically aware enough to calculate reward points just by looking at the price or sometimes may need a calculator.

But don't expect them to be dumb enough that they need an extension for it.
People who are actually dumb and need your extension aren't here and they will never be able to know and use your product.

If you build a product which finds out the MCC before payment, everyone here would love to use your product.

PS: Take my words as a constructive feedback.
Well said !
OP must have got the feedback, which he desired!

Back