• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to take max compensation from Hdfc life .

sidp

TF Ace
@sambit95 thora aur elaborate karo apna experience with ditto, mein apna 2W/4W ko change karna chahta hun
For 4w, my experience with zuno(edelweiss) was good. This yr I ll switch to hdfc. For hdfc, zuno, icici renewal premium is much higher. So better to rotate the insurer.
For 2w acko/digit is OK. Cheaper option for daily commute. For highway usage I wouldn't recommend these.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
For 4w, my experience with zuno(edelweiss) was good. This yr I ll switch to hdfc. For hdfc, zuno, icici renewal premium is much higher. So better to rotate the insurer.
For 2w acko/digit is OK. Cheaper option for daily commute. For highway usage I wouldn't recommend these.
Have BMW G 310 RR, Triump Speed 400 and Suzuki SF 250 so yea :unsure: :unsure:

sidp

TF Ace
Have BMW G 310 RR, Triump Speed 400 and Suzuki SF 250 so yea :unsure: :unsure:
Well then you need to think about it properly. Parts of all 3 are on expensive side.

Having 3 entry level (sub 500cc)bikes isn't advisable. Instead of speed 400, a used street twin would have been better. But that's in the past now. Enjoy your ride. Ride safe.

If you are the only user( don't have a brother to share with), may be its time to sell off one.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Well then you need to think about it properly. Parts of all 3 are on expensive side.

Having 3 entry level (sub 500cc)bikes isn't advisable. Instead of speed 400, a used street twin would have been better. But that's in the past now. Enjoy your ride. Ride safe.

If you are the only user( don't have a brother to share with), may be its time to sell off one.
Maybe he is bike collector..
Modern cruser bikes

sidp

TF Ace
Let me explain
I drive RR at work
Father drives Speed 400
I drive SF 250 at home

Home and work are two different cities
Yeah that's why I specifically said if you don't have anyone to share with...
If you ride in the city, the insurer wouldn't matter much. If you take it to authorized center most would be cashless.
So contact insurer & ask how many garages are covered under cashless scheme in your city.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
RR was giving around 30 when i bought it and now it's 28 (second hand bought at 5k km 1.5 years old for 60% of the on-road price) now at 10k km, cumulative age a little over 3 years
How did u find such a deal
60% is like 2 lakh or something.

sidp

TF Ace
How did u find such a deal
60% is like 2 lakh or something.
40% discount on a low demand bike isn't uncommon. Bike is highly overpriced, sales figure are extremely bad.
If you regularly go through classified you can get this deal. Problem is you need cash in hand. Else 2nd hand dealers would swoop in.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
40% discount on a low demand bike isn't uncommon. Bike is highly overpriced, sales figure are extremely bad.
If you regularly go through classified you can get this deal. Problem is you need cash in hand. Else 2nd hand dealers would swoop in.
I m confused with bike to buy
I was bullish on buying new x440 Harley Davidson*
But seeing mixed reviews I stopped

sidp

TF Ace
I m confused with bike to buy
I was bullish on buying new x440 Harley Davidson*
But seeing mixed reviews I stopped
Looks cheap in close inspection. Triumph, ktm, (Even newer re) has much better quality.

In terms of capabilities/value, Some bikes are just miles ahead of competition. If the riding style, usage match with one, then it's a no brainer. Ex.: r15, classic 350, new Himalayan, re 650 twins, ktm 390 twins.

But some people want something different from the crowd. Or may be they want single bike garage, then recommendations changes.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Looks cheap in close inspection. Triumph, ktm, (Even newer re) has much better quality.

In terms of capabilities/value, Some bikes are just miles ahead of competition. If the riding style, usage match with one, then it's a no brainer. Ex.: r15, classic 350, new Himalayan, re 650 twins, ktm 390 twins.

But some people want something different from the crowd. Or may be they want single bike garage, then recommendations changes.
I want continental GT 😁 now I will hunt on olx .

Any other platform for 2nd hand bikes

sidp

TF Ace
I want continental GT 😁 now I will hunt on olx .

Any other platform for 2nd hand bikes
Olx, fb market place are best. Quikr is also good. Droom requires to pay commission upfront. Always arrange meeting in public/crowded place. Temple/mall/famous restaurant etc. Make sure the person you are dealing with is the one in rc. If something feels off, then it is off. There are a lot of gt out there. Don't buy initial stocks of any bike( which are anyway too old for gt 650)

Newer gt comes with alloy. Always choose alloy if you have the option. Taking rear wheel off is a hassle in case of puncture. Dragging 200+kg bike with low handlebar & wide foot rest is even more tiresome.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Olx, fb market place are best. Quikr is also good. Droom requires to pay commission upfront. Always arrange meeting in public/crowded place. Temple/mall/famous restaurant etc. Make sure the person you are dealing with is the one in rc. If something feels off, then it is off. There are a lot of gt out there. Don't buy initial stocks of any bike( which are anyway too old for gt 650)

Newer gt comes with alloy. Always choose alloy if you have the option. Taking rear wheel off is a hassle in case of puncture. Dragging 200+kg bike with low handlebar & wide foot rest is even more tiresome.
Yes tubeless is absolutely important in this age