• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSRP No plate to be fitted in Bangalore but car registration of different state-Best solution/alternative

Arosaurabh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
This was in Sept 2023: I tried ordering HSRP from VW dealership. They said the system is not able to take requests for my car registered back in 2015, only vehicles registered after 2019 or something they were able to get.

So I just ordered online and fitted HSRP myself. No validation on any portal was done. The HSRP has proper hologram and sr. no., it's not IND plate which local mechanics try to pass off as HSRP.

Check if that's the case with Hyundai too. Even if you order from some 'official source', dealership might not be able to do anything on portal for you.
No mine car is older than 2019 and i think some process changed recently in 2023, My Hyundai dealership is putting entire onus on me, he says no customer has come with such request yet to them, though i get my car serviced from them and i see many cars with different State regn no, and still with old No plate, not sure how are others dealing with this issue.

RadioactiveTabela

TF Premier
No mine car is older than 2019 and i think some process changed recently in 2023, My Hyundai dealership is putting entire onus on me, he says no customer has come with such request yet to them, though i get my car serviced from them and i see many cars with different State regn no, and still with old No plate, not sure how are others dealing with this issue.
Try a different dealership? They all have one fellow around for RTO things, ask with speak with him and see if he's able to use the portal for pre-2019 cars.

I had tried two different dealerships: VW Andheri and VW Prabhadevi, both their agents (although wanting to said can't help me with my 2015 car because portal doesn't accept it.