• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSRP No plate to be fitted in Bangalore but car registration of different state-Best solution/alternative

Arosaurabh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi, There is a deadline of 17th Feb for fitting the mandatory high security registration plate in your old cars in Bangalore, the challenge is i have car registered from a different state, after going through the process on bookmyhsrp.com, it seems you can get it home delivered(home state), but is it possible to get it fitted in Bangalore getting it couriered to Bangalore, Does the system permits it. Has anybody tried something like that?

NAB

TF Premier
Yes, any Service Center/Showroom will affix the plate. Get it shipped. No worries.

But I am not sure whether the website you mentioned is legit or not 🥲

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi, There is a deadline of 17th Feb for fitting the mandatory high security registration plate in your old cars in Bangalore, the challenge is i have car registered from a different state, after going through the process on bookmyhsrp.com, it seems you can get it home delivered(home state), but is it possible to get it fitted in Bangalore getting it couriered to Bangalore, Does the system permits it. Has anybody tried something like that?
What to do if vehicle is from Maharashtra which is not even in the list here https://bookmyhsrp.com/plate/VahanBookingDetail.aspx. Are they exempt from this?

LvTefi

TF Buzz
The date looks to be extended again... <5% of vehicles covered so for... and you can get it couriered here and get it fixed. Make sure you do not forget to fix the windshield sticker.

Arosaurabh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Yes, any Service Center/Showroom will affix the plate. Get it shipped. No worries.

But I am not sure whether the website you mentioned is legit or not 🥲
Thanks for the response, no even you go to state transport site, it takes you the same site, but i am still not sure this can be execute like this,so was asking the question that some one has real experience. My doubt stems from the facts below:

I had gone to the last step of registration till the payment page, though it permits to be home delivered but it still asks for the date and slot and it seems that system would allocate a dealership name to come to home and fix it. And i think the payment receipt validation happens through assigned dealer only. I was checking with Bangalore dealership(Hyundai) about the process and they are not sure.

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, Maharashtra very hardly reaches to the demand of the HSRP for the new vehicle.

It's not necessary for the every state. You can state the same.
Thank you for the revert. Just some things that happen here without any consideration of what practical difficulties are. Completely beats me why Maharashtra is not implementing this HSRP if it is supposed to a mandatory requirement going ahead. Surprised that Ministry of Roads is not asking all State Govts for mandatory implementation.

paresh22

TF Ace
Thank you for the revert. Just some things that happen here without any consideration of what practical difficulties are. Completely beats me why Maharashtra is not implementing this HSRP if it is supposed to a mandatory requirement going ahead. Surprised that Ministry of Roads is not asking all State Govts for mandatory implementation.
I don't know current stats but I believe Maharastra state having maximum registered vehicles hence its Govt don't want to rush mandating HSRP there.

NAB

TF Premier
They are hardly able to reach the demand of HSRP for the new vehicles, and as the huge no of vehicles registered in Maharashtra, it's gonna take a lot of time to make it mandatory there.

Arosaurabh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Though the deadline is extended till 31st May for now, but plan to do it in this month itself, anybody did it recently getting it in Bangalore for different State regn.

ALOAK

TF Premier
Though the deadline is extended till 31st May for now, but plan to do it in this month itself, anybody did it recently getting it in Bangalore for different State regn.
You can do it select the date and time with dealership and u have to take it to the dealer to fix it. You can provide your bangalore address while your initiating hsrp

Arosaurabh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Bought my HSRP from https://www.bookhsrponline.com/

Mine is a MH registered vehicle.
Ok, so i tried it a month ago, i remember that the moment you put your Car regn No, it shows the car dealership of the state/city, I was not sure if my car with Delhi regn, i can request for delivery at Bangalore address, And my dealership in Bangalore is not sure he can fix the number-plate if i order it for Delhi Regn Number. Because the loop closes once dealership completes the details on the portal once number-plate is fixed by him So you got it fixed in different state from Maharashtra.

RadioactiveTabela

TF Premier
MH registered vehicle:

I had ordered online from one Godawari HSRP few months ago. I shipped it to a Mumbai address, but I inquired that they'll ship plates to anywhere in India. So get it shipped to your Bangalore address and have them filled DIY or a local mechanic?

RadioactiveTabela

TF Premier
Ok, so i tried it a month ago, i remember that the moment you put your Car regn No, it shows the car dealership of the state/city, I was not sure if my car with Delhi regn, i can request for delivery at Bangalore address, And my dealership in Bangalore is not sure he can fix the number-plate if i order it for Delhi Regn Number. Because the loop closes once dealership completes the details on the portal once number-plate is fixed by him So you got it fixed in different state from Maharashtra.

Dealership is suppose to upload details on which portal? What happens if they don't?

Arosaurabh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
MH registered vehicle:

I had ordered online from one Godawari HSRP few months ago. I shipped it to a Mumbai address, but I inquired that they'll ship plates to anywhere in India. So get it shipped to your Bangalore address and have them filled DIY or a local mechanic?
No i understand it has to be done by Car dealership, in my case Hyundai car dealership,what i understood was the final validation and completion on the portal for fixed number plate is done by Car dealership.

RadioactiveTabela

TF Premier
No i understand it has to be done by Car dealership, in my case Hyundai car dealership,what i understood was the final validation and completion on the portal for fixed number plate is done by Car dealership.

This was in Sept 2023: I tried ordering HSRP from VW dealership. They said the system is not able to take requests for my car registered back in 2015, only vehicles registered after 2019 or something they were able to get.

So I just ordered online and fitted HSRP myself. No validation on any portal was done. The HSRP has proper hologram and sr. no., it's not IND plate which local mechanics try to pass off as HSRP.

Check if that's the case with Hyundai too. Even if you order from some 'official source', dealership might not be able to do anything on portal for you.