• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia I have Infinia, should I get an Amex? Which one?

chinnodu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes. Platinum Travel Card would make a good combination with Infinia. Infinia takes care of your domestic flight travel. And Platinum Travel would take care of your international travel and free hotel stays

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Title asks question
As someone who has an Infinia and Amex Platinum Travel, generally speaking, Infinia is FAR superior and you really don't need to bother with Amex. If you have certain expenses where you don't get rewards on Infinia, like insurance etc and these are near 4 lakhs, then, you can consider Platinum Travel. Otherwise, the reward rate is quite poor compared to Infinia.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes. Platinum Travel Card would make a good combination with Infinia. Infinia takes care of your domestic flight travel. And Platinum Travel would take care of your international travel and free hotel stays
How would Platinum Travel help with international travel?
This is the mis conception that a lot of people have about Plat travel card..
They think it is for internation travel... which it is not for..

Rdspam

TF Premier
You don’t need any Amex cards. Infinia will blow most Amex cards out at those spending points. If you really want an Amex go for platinum charge as that will give you things beyond rewards, beyond what infinia and most other cards can like access to delta and centurion lounges, airline partner program, platinum concierge, etc. still though, you really don’t especially need an Amex with infinia

Depends on your spends and if you like to redeem the points as Marriott Stays. Spending 4 lakh on Amex plat travel is sweet spot in return for 48k amex points. You can still continue to use Infinia for smartbuy/other expenses.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Infinia is a great card but depending on your expenses and lifestyle, Amex could often feel more rewarding.

If you just want to test the waters and get a card to feel the Amex ecosystem, you can start with the Amex MRCC card.
It offers 1000 MR points on 6k spends monthly, and additional 1000 points on 20k spends monthly.

Once you're in the game and understand things better, you can get another Amex Platinum Travel card.
The rewards are even better if you've got higher spends, around 4L per year.
(If you love staying in luxury hotels, the reward rates will be even better than Infinia)

The best part? The first year of your credit card is on me.

Yes, I mean literally, if you apply from the website, you will get charged but if you use an invite link from an AmEx member, your credit card will be completely free for the first year!

Link in signature and DM me if you have any other questions, I'll be happy to help! :)

Hemang

TF Premier
As someone who has an Infinia and Amex Platinum Travel, generally speaking, Infinia is FAR superior and you really don't need to bother with Amex. If you have certain expenses where you don't get rewards on Infinia, like insurance etc and these are near 4 lakhs, then, you can consider Platinum Travel. Otherwise, the reward rate is quite poor compared to Infinia.
Bhai hdfc infinia ke product features me to likhai hai 5 rp on 150 rupees including utilities, insurance and education.? Nahi deta kya ye ?

cch

TF Select
I have infinia and 3 Amex cards: Gold, MRCC and Plat travel.

I buy 20k + 6k + 6k Amazon pay vouchers from gyftr every month using Infinia, gold and MRCC for bills, swiggy, medicines on 1 mg, etc.

Any offline spend or big insurance spend, I try to put on plat travel upto 4L.

Any online spend where I can use vouchers, I get them from HDFC Gyftr.

bing1309

TF Premier
Take Amex Plat travel, all non-points expenditures where the card can be used under non-category points of Infina like fuel, govt exp, bill, etc which Infina won't give. but Amex won't give you points but it puts in milestone expenditures target achievement. Achieve the milestone get the voucher and that's it keep up to 4L. Apart from that Amex is of no use (except some vouchers give more discount and partly discount of other here and there offers which come up, now coming to your joining fee it's given by reward point but you have to spend achieve so you can compensatory your fees.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSV

magnusfan

TF Select
I use as follows in order of precedence:
  • Infinia: Only for 5x/10x (use points to buy from Tanishq)
  • Amex Travel: Spends till crossing 4L p.a. (points used for Marriott)
  • SBI Air India Signature: For normal spends (points used for flights)

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Amex mrcc is what I would recommend if you have infinia. Spend 1.5lacs in a year and no annual fees (free via referral pm me).
Spend 1500 four times + 20k in a month and earn 1k+1k pts in addition to normal rewards.
Best for mariott transfer or taj vouchers.
Rest all redemption are useless after recent devaluation.

• Hehe

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You don’t need any Amex cards. Infinia will blow most Amex cards out at those spending points. If you really want an Amex go for platinum charge as that will give you things beyond rewards, beyond what infinia and most other cards can like access to delta and centurion lounges, airline partner program, platinum concierge, etc. still though, you really don’t especially need an Amex with infinia
Well true generally, but in my case not like that
1. 1L NPS
2. 75k~ hospital bill (i don't got for cashless even if eligible, always pay myself)
3. 1L spends online where Infinia gives ~3.3%
4. ~75k offline where Infinia gives ~3.3%
Total -> 3.5L spends till date, will spend another 50k offline or online where Infinia gives only 3.3%
If you have 4L spends & smartbuy doesn't work, plat travel will give better returns.
I get 1 pt = 0.4 Rs so on 4L => 46k points => 18400 as gpay
4.5% Reward rate as cash is amazing+ selling taj voucher covers annual fee.