• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I need a suggestion regarding the HDFC Millenia Credit Card

ZappyRed

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got HDFC millenia credit card with limit of 85000, in July 2022. I'm using it as my regular card. But HDFC never increased my limit or offered me an upgrade. I want to upgrade to regalia card but HDFC is not offering me the regalia card or increasing the limit of the existing millennia credit card.

My other cards are having limits of 460000 on my ICICI platinum chip credit card and Amazon pay credit card. I also hold an American express credit card with the limit of 2,97,000. It is only HDFC credit card that has a very low limit of 85000.

My question is simple. Is it good that I cancel the existing millinia credit card with HDFC and again apply for the regalia credit card C2C with my platinum credit card. FYI now I also hold Tata Neu Plus credit card LTF which has its limit merged with the HDFC millinia credit card.

Note:
I have the following credit cards with the limits as shared below:
ICICI platinum chip credit card LTF: 4,60,000
ICICI Amazon pay credit card LTF : 4,60,000
ICICI coral rupay credit card LTF: 4,60,000
Amex card :2,97,000
One card(South Indian Bank) LTF: 1,60,000
Kotak League platinum LTF: 1,50,000
SBI Air India platinum: 1,69,000
Axis Flipkart and My Zone LTF: 80,000
Tata Neu and HDFC millinia LTF: 85,000

FYI, I'm a student, completed my Grad, not working right now. Never had any work experience. No salary account.

I got HDFC millenia credit card with limit of 85000, in July 2022. I'm using it as my regular card. But HDFC never increased my limit or offered me an upgrade. I want to upgrade to regalia card but HDFC is not offering me the regalia card or increasing the limit of the existing millennia credit card.

My other cards are having limits of 460000 on my ICICI platinum chip credit card and Amazon pay credit card. I also hold an American express credit card with the limit of 2,97,000. It is only HDFC credit card that has a very low limit of 85000.

My question is simple. Is it good that I cancel the existing millinia credit card with HDFC and again apply for the regalia credit card C2C with my platinum credit card. FYI now I also hold Tata Neu Plus credit card LTF which has its limit merged with the HDFC millinia credit card.

Note:

FYI, I'm a student, completed my Grad, not working right now. Never had any work experience. No salary account.
If you are a student then cancel it and try again with c2c

Student part makes the situation a bit complex.

I'm not entirely sure if they ask for salary info in a c2c application.

My limit was stuck at 46k for quite some time. I found 3 solutions
1. C2c that you've already found
2. I emailed for card upgrade/limit increase. Sent docs to Chennai. That did the trick.
3. Converted my account to Preferred. The BM promised me a better card, but I'm yet to take him up on the offer.

Please be clear sir 🙏
Please not say please ,call me bro

What did you have earlier? What's the limit of the card that you held earlier?

Limit and variant of new card? How did you reapply? Is it C2C or Direct ?

Can't take risk coz I don't have any income documents.
I have moneyback+ visa with 1.20 lakh close it because it chargeable

And new one is moneyback+ rupay with 1.25 lakh LTF which i applied directly with salary slip not C2C

If you planning to close then first clear the procedure of C2C.

Note:

FYI, HDFC accepts AMEX & other banks for C2C limit enhancement but it's hard to get. I would like to suggest that try with your AMEX card for Limit Enhancement over email as I believe AMEX card has more value than ICICI or Kotak.

I'm adding the reference post from different thread. Try & let me know.

Post in thread 'how to increase or get offer to increase hdfc credit card limit' https://www.technofino.in/community...ease-hdfc-credit-card-limit.13260/post-255595

Good luck 🤞.

Try asking for a limit enhancement. If you cancel then there are chances that you may get a business regalia (if you are showing occupation as self employed) and HDFC Business CC has its issues on Amazon.

Millennia is a great CC...and you should not cancel it in my opinion...if international lounge access is your need then try upgrading some other CC or get another one rather than cancelling this one.

For Limit enhancement of Millennia contact them at escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com and ask them for a limit enhancement (make sure you attach your latest Amex CC statement unlocked pdf)

Considering that you have a core credit card(millennia) and co-branded tata neu. If you close millennia, HDFC will not allow you to apply for core credit card again until you close the co-branded Tata neu too. I had faced this last year they told me to apply for core card I need to first close cobranded one. I'm currently on the same boat as you, my millennia has 1.5L limit, but I can get regalia gold c2c with my income. However I have tata neu infinity which I don't want to close :/. Keep us updated on what you decide to do :)

Considering that you have a core credit card(millennia) and co-branded tata neu.

If you close millennia, HDFC will not allow you to apply for core credit card again until you close the co-branded Tata neu too.

I had faced this last year they told me to apply for core card I need to first close cobranded one.
That is so weird. So with HDFC one must get a core card before a cobranded one to avoid such drama?
Its ironic as here we are using APAY to get other ICICI cards.
I'm currently on the same boat as you, my millennia has 1.5L limit, but I can get regalia gold c2c with my income.

However I have tata neu infinity which I don't want to close :/. Keep us updated on what you decide to do :)
Whats so special about TNI?

Back