• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank refusing to upgrade my CC and also refusing to make my Coral CC LTF

If you are salaried and , employer is listed with ICICI bank then you are eligible for LTF cards by default
I would suggest to visit branch and apply directly
If salary more than 1 lakh per month then LTF Rubyx
If more than 2 lakh then Sapphiro
So by visiting the Branch directly I could get LTF Rubyx or Sapphiro if I meet the salary requirement?
Does it work at all branches? Because ICICI never gave me a free LTF upgrade offer on Coral even though it's my salary account for 8+ years.

So by visiting the Branch directly I could get LTF Rubyx or Sapphiro if I meet the salary requirement?
Does it work at all branches? Because ICICI never gave me a free LTF upgrade offer on Coral even though it's my salary account for 8+ years.
Yes all branches and even online application
Basically there are 2 requirement
1) Employer listed
2) salary threshold

If you ask for LTF they can't, if you ask for close they will negotiate. As in my case I have Amazon pay ICICI card ( LTF), and make my trip card ( paid ) Asked for make my trip card closure, they negotiate and make it LTF.
Both the MMT Cards either platinum or signature. They have only one time joing fee of 500 and 2500 plus gst respectively..Thereafter they are Free for forever means LTF...

I have been using ICICI credit card since 23+ years. I currently have coral CC and I need to spend 1.5L to get free waiver. I mailed them asking for CC upgrade or else to cancel the card and they refused to upgrade my card. They told to send a confirmation for card closure but I don't want to close it due to CC history. I recently contacted ICICI CC Customer care and even they are not ready to either upgrade or make my CC LTF. Please let me know if there is any way to get LTF upgrade as I am such a loyal ICICI CC user. ( Have used this card extensively and most of the times got fee waiver as well and no defaults till date)
23 years! Wow! Just wanted to know, how much are you paying in annual charges?
Also, when I took my Coral card in 2014, annual charges were being waived on on annual transactions of Rs 90000 and annual fees was Rs 199. Rs 1.5 lakhs seems to be a huge sum for 1999.

If you are salaried and , employer is listed with ICICI bank then you are eligible for LTF cards by default
@Prostriker this is an excellent method, I've used this before and am trying to get a ruby card through it as well.

The second best option is to downgrade your card to a Platinum variant OR upgrade to MMT credit card if it's LTF for you after joining fees.

22 years of cc history will already be reflected in your credit score. So even if you close any card this will not make any effect to your credit score. Now making your card lifetime free, icici will never do this until you are using any kind of icici credit card on your account. So, if you want lifetime free icici credit card there is a sureshot method which I have seen and tried for many of my and my friends accounts. You need to close all icici credit cards on your account. Within 1-2 months you will automatically get the lifetime free credit card offer on your account. Depending on your current limit you will be offered Coral, Rubyx or Sapphiro. My mother got sapphiro, my wife also got sapphiro, one of friend got rubyx, my sister in law got rubyx. All you need to do is close all icici credit card on your account and wait for 1-2 month. If your current limit is above 5 lakh then you will get sapphiro. My wife's amazon cc limit was 12 lk. I asked icici customer care and bank official to give me lifetime free upgrade to sapphiro they told me that you need to maintain 50 lk TRV in your savings account which was not a feasible option. And i made multiple requests for more than 1 year to upgrade but nothing happened. But within 40 days after closing all the cards on my wife's account, she got lifetime free sapphiro. This is sureshot method.

22 years of cc history will already be reflected in your credit score. So even if you close any card this will not make any effect to your credit score. Now making your card lifetime free, icici will never do this until you are using any kind of icici credit card on your account. So, if you want lifetime free icici credit card there is a sureshot method which I have seen and tried for many of my and my friends accounts. You need to close all icici credit cards on your account. Within 1-2 months you will automatically get the lifetime free credit card offer on your account. Depending on your current limit you will be offered Coral, Rubyx or Sapphiro. My mother got sapphiro, my wife also got sapphiro, one of friend got rubyx, my sister in law got rubyx. All you need to do is close all icici credit card on your account and wait for 1-2 month. If your current limit is above 5 lakh then you will get sapphiro. My wife's amazon cc limit was 12 lk. I asked icici customer care and bank official to give me lifetime free upgrade to sapphiro they told me that you need to maintain 50 lk TRV in your savings account which was not a feasible option. And i made multiple requests for more than 1 year to upgrade but nothing happened. But within 40 days after closing all the cards on my wife's account, she got lifetime free sapphiro. This is sureshot method.
I too not a fan of long credit history
As long as we r not able to generate rewards from a card then this long history is of no use 👍
No emotion and sentiment with banks they r for paid services that’s it
I suggested op to close it and get ltf amazon pay card to begin with
Following that many TF suggested op not to close
Thanks for ur clarity on perfecting use case 🤝

I too not a fan of long credit history
As long as we r not able to generate rewards from a card then this long history is of no use 👍
No emotion and sentiment with banks they r for paid services that’s it
I suggested op to close it and get ltf amazon pay card to begin with
Following that many TF suggested op not to close
Thanks for ur clarity on perfecting use case 🤝
Same. If that card is not giving anything then paying its fees unnecessarily is waste of money. Even if its ₹500.

Also, unnecessarily spending 1-2L to get fee waiver is waste as well. There are better rewarding cards which can give him Cashback/returns for those 1-2L spends.

Same. If that card is not giving anything then paying its fees unnecessarily is waste of money. Even if its ₹500.

Also, unnecessarily spending 1-2L to get fee waiver is waste as well. There are better rewarding cards which can give him Cashback/returns for those 1-2L spends.
I think closing credit cards will not affect credit age... See my credit age 👇👇👇

I don't have any 6 year old active card or loans now 😄

Screenshot_2023-04-18-11-37-54-59_c045579b1cb8a1660c0dc95ce651bac5.jpg

It stays like that for 7 or 8 years then re- adjust as per old account at that time. Here, OP doesn't have to close the card but a fresh application will provide LTF and same age stays.

Usually for some banks closing is the only option because of multiple entries in CIBIL but since ICICI maintains single account, make use of it.
My ICICI DC EMI account has been closed about 3 years ago, but still it is active in the name of Credit Card 😄

Did she take new amazon icici card after getting Sapphiro?

Unfortunately don't have an account in ICICI and not does my employer have salary account relationship with them. Will try 2-3 more times with customer care and if it doesn't work out then will downgrade it

Back