• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Family Banking on Salary Wealth Account

vishalprasad

TF Buzz
Hi Folks, I recently opened a new salary account with ICICI and they provided me a wealth account considering my salary. Now when I applied for family banking by adding my spouse, they rejected the request saying that for family banking the propser should have a 'savings' account , not a 'salary' account. Is anyone aware of such a rule?

Anindya98

TF Premier
Hi Folks, I recently opened a new salary account with ICICI and they provided me a wealth account considering my salary. Now when I applied for family banking by adding my spouse, they rejected the request saying that for family banking the propser should have a 'savings' account , not a 'salary' account. Is anyone aware of such a rule?
In my case, I opened a WM Account on Mar 24, and then last month my Father got a New Salary WM account based on his Salary. I asked the BM to add my account under family banking and he gave me a form regarding family banking req I filled it up and submitted it.
No, update so far let me get an update from my BM.

KGSIPO

TF Select
If you want to add your spouse in your account, it will be a joint account. If u open a separate account for your spouse and then you can add to your welath banking of yours. She will enjoy all benefits of wealth banking if so in both cases

panu24

TF Ace
Generally Salary WM accounts are not true Wealth savings accounts hence request gets rejected for family linking. This is what I am told by phone customer care. Not tried to check with branch.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
You can do it via imobile.... Avoid going to icici branches.... The staff knows nothing.. They work 3 months in kotak, then in hdfc then in axis... Then it goes.... Till they come to icici for sometime....

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I tried raising a request via internet banking and then that request was rejected stating exactly what @panu24 said. I will try with imobile as well.
The point is that wealth management has three types of tier... U should try to confirm if u are on lower tier.... If that is the case then family banking is not possible.... Privlge banking is better in that case as it provides family banking... Just one miss will be wealth management debit card... Which is of no use.. I guess

vine

TF Premier
The point is that wealth management has three types of tier... U should try to confirm if u are on lower tier.... If that is the case then family banking is not possible.... Privlge banking is better in that case as it provides family banking... Just one miss will be wealth management debit card... Which is of no use.. I guess
What weird sh#t is this 🤔 by ICICI.
No family banking for the lowest tier of WM??

Last edited: