• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI FD Card closure

Laukik

TF Buzz
So, a while back i applied for my first ever CC, ICICI platinum (FD based) with 67500₹ credit limit (75k FD). 2/3 months later i also got Apay card (unsecured) with 1.2 lacs. Limit
. Its been 8 months now for Apay card. Should i close FD card now? Interestingly my FD card credit limit isn't reported in CIBIL. It shows highest utilisation limit instead, which is 10k even though i have 67.5k limit. So I can't even use it much. I have emailed ICICI many times but they keep insisting everything is correct from their side. I also tried to apply Expression Credit card from my Apay card but i guess it got rejected as i didn't get any update for 2 weeks. ( Weird as i thought those were pre-approved for Apay card holders) what should i do?

So, a while back i applied for my first ever CC, ICICI platinum (FD based) with 67500₹ credit limit (75k FD). 2/3 months later i also got Apay card (unsecured) with 1.2 lacs. Limit
. Its been 8 months now for Apay card. Should i close FD card now? Interestingly my FD card credit limit isn't reported in CIBIL. It shows highest utilisation limit instead, which is 10k even though i have 67.5k limit. So I can't even use it much. I have emailed ICICI many times but they keep insisting everything is correct from their side. I also tried to apply Expression Credit card from my Apay card but i guess it got rejected as i didn't get any update for 2 weeks. ( Weird as i thought those were pre-approved for Apay card holders) what should i do?
Find out the status of the status of expression cc application first, you might if there is any reason for the hold.this may throw some light a out how to fo about fd closure

ICICI don't report credit limit of secured cards. I have a platinum as well with 72k limit but only the sanctioned limit is reported which is the highest utilised limit in a billing cycle. No point contacting them, they just don't know how to fix, instead told me to contact CIBIL. Clueless customer service. I will close this too once I get the APAY card (will apply in September).

I had a ICICI fd platinum card. Closed it last year. But last month by mistake I made a payment towards it. They reversed it to my savings account. But now today they sent me a email statement for the closed card. Will it get activated again? Will I have to close it and will cibil records show it as active card?

I had a ICICI fd platinum card. Closed it last year. But last month by mistake I made a payment towards it. They reversed it to my savings account. But now today they sent me a email statement for the closed card. Will it get activated again? Will I have to close it and will cibil records show it as active card?
I don't think your card was reactivated..
How ever you can check this here after 3 months to be on safe side.

https://www.cibil.com/

1692105836836.png

Okay will keep monitoring. Thank you.
There could be some trasnsactions on the closed card also, like refund of any credit balance ... In that case also they send a statement.. It doesn't mean that the card is reactivated.. Chill

Find out the status of the status of expression cc application first, you might if there is any reason for the hold.this may throw some light a out how to fo about fd closure
Actually it was because of the photo i uploaded. I chose their custom design and got approved within 48 Hrs.

Is any one get icici unsecured card from apay card from Twitter route ?
When I dm on icici Twitter handle they say please wait for 6 months to card upgrade.

I got approved for Amazon pay icici card.But the limit is shared limit of Fd card platinum.Can I close the fd platinum card and get the fd amount back?The limit is 9009

Fd card kitne old tha? Aur fd card ka number liya tha Amazon app mein
I got fd card platinum on Jan 2021,Yes I put the fd card number in Amazon.It instantly showed the same limit which Is 9009.In the net banking,it is showing pre approved rupay coral ltf upgrade.When I click that,it is telling that your card is not eligible for an upgrade.
Fd card kitne old tha? Aur fd card ka number liya tha Amazon app mein

I got fd card platinum on Jan 2021,Yes I put the fd card number in Amazon.It instantly showed the same limit which Is 9009.In the net banking,it is showing pre approved rupay coral ltf upgrade.When I click that,it is telling that your card is not eligible for an upgrade.
Mera v fd card ha ICICI lekin Amazon par number nehi mang raha hai, apka fd card 2021 se hai matlan 2sal old isliye card number mang raha tha

Mera v fd card ha ICICI lekin Amazon par number nehi mang raha hai, apka fd card 2021 se hai matlan 2sal old isliye card number mang raha tha
I tried applying for Amazon card within 2 months of getting the fd card .It asked for the card number that time itself.But That rejected,next time rejected.Then bored and left the interest.I was just trying to apply for my brother with the fd card number,it approved instantly...so tried for my mom also and it also approved instantly.when I asked customer care,they said this card is secured card...

I had gotten my first CC against an FD too. And within 3 months gotten APAY, guess I had applied via Amazon and it took 1 month time.

I maintained the FD card for 1 year and closed it just last month. Closing the FD CC was no problem as I managed to get LTF Sapphire from ICICI last week.

I had gotten my first CC against an FD too. And within 3 months gotten APAY, guess I had applied via Amazon and it took 1 month time.

I maintained the FD card for 1 year and closed it just last month. Closing the FD CC was no problem as I managed to get LTF Sapphire from ICICI last week.
Is that APAY card given based on fd?

Back