• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI insta save account

Instsave account is history.. Now only two options via online.... Either digital savings account or 3 in 1 account..... And when there was insta save account... Its mab was 10000 irrespective of branch category... That mab required is only for regular savings account... Which is very hard to open... U have to complaint on twitter then only u will get it... I have a regular savings account with just 2000 mab.... In rural branch.... For semi urban its 5000...but it wont get opened in first go.....

Reactions: SSV
I opened Insta Save online in May 2022, until then at least it was available. Although Insta Save FD is discontinued. Initial deposit for Insta Save opened online was 20K, it asked me to deposit right away, but MAB is 10K for Metro branches at least. I had ICICI Amazon Pay CC before opening savings account and their stupid system couldn't merge it correctly under a single user ID but created a different ID. So after depositing initial 20K, I couldn't access the account for many days because registered mobile number was in the CC user ID. Contacted customer care who foolishly just added my mobile number to the savings account. But when my mobile number got registered with savings account, my CC mobile number got de-registered. Had to go through some really stupid and slow customer care people and yelling on Twitter to get them to merge CC, savings account and Pockets under a single ID correctly. Semi urban might be 5K.

I opened Insta Save online in May 2022, until then at least it was available. Although Insta Save FD is discontinued. Initial deposit for Insta Save opened online was 20K, it asked me to deposit right away, but MAB is 10K for Metro branches at least. I had ICICI Amazon Pay CC before opening savings account and their stupid system couldn't merge it correctly under a single user ID but created a different ID. So after depositing initial 20K, I couldn't access the account for many days because registered mobile number was in the CC user ID. Contacted customer care who foolishly just added my mobile number to the savings account. But when my mobile number got registered with savings account, my CC mobile number got de-registered. Had to go through some really stupid and slow customer care people and yelling on Twitter to get them to merge CC, savings account and Pockets under a single ID correctly. Semi urban might be 5K.
Insta save account is now gone... Only one variant is there.... Digital savings account..... They are asking initial deposits upto 80000 even though mab is 10000...some people reported..it. And its mab is same for rural/urban/semi-urban /metropolitan branch i. E 10000

Insta save account is now gone... Only one variant is there.... Digital savings account..... They are asking initial deposits upto 80000 even though mab is 10000...some people reported..it. And its mab is same for rural/urban/semi-urban /metropolitan branch i. E 10000
Bro I am from semi urban areas and I want to open ICICI Bank Insta save account so can you please tell me what is the MAB for my area and ICICI Bank site here shows MAB for semi urban areas is 5k

Bro I am from semi urban areas and I want to open ICICI Bank Insta save account so can you please tell me what is the MAB for my area and ICICI Bank site here shows MAB for semi urban areas is 5k
Its for regular savings account..... And now no more insta save account... It has been renamed as digital savings account.... Its mab is 10000...wherever u open..... But they might ask high initial deposit like 80000-90000

Any difference in features of regular account vs digital account?
No difference... Just... Mab difference... Mab for digital account is 10000 even for rural branch... On other hand in regular savings account its just 2000...
I complained on twitter after that my bm agreed to open that account.... It won't be easy to open it

I have an icici insta mine zero balance account. Will there be any issue if I keep FD of approx 10 lacs in that account? Will I face any FD withdrawl issue in future when I will cross 35 years of age, because as per TnC, I will not be eligible for mine account after the age of 35 yrs.

I have an icici insta mine zero balance account. Will there be any issue if I keep FD of approx 10 lacs in that account? Will I face any FD withdrawl issue in future when I will cross 35 years of age, because as per TnC, I will not be eligible for mine account after the age of 35 yrs.
No issues.. Bank will be very happy with you... They can even offer sapphiro ltf or if u push emerald cc with that amount..... And yes.. As per t&c mine account is only valid till 35... I would suggest you to give that 10l initial funding and open a wealth management account... It will be zero mab account.... And then do fd of that 10 lakh... In some branch they open wealth management account even at 5l funding.... After that zero mab required....

No issues.. Bank will be very happy with you... They can even offer sapphiro ltf or if u push emerald cc with that amount..... And yes.. As per t&c mine account is only valid till 35... I would suggest you to give that 10l initial funding and open a wealth management account... It will be zero mab account.... And then do fd of that 10 lakh... In some branch they open wealth management account even at 5l funding.... After that zero mab required....
If I upgrade my account variant, does any of my account details like account number etc. change? If someone had added my account as beneficiary for IMPS transfer earlier, do they need to change anything for my account?

If I upgrade my account variant, does any of my account details like account number etc. change? If someone had added my account as beneficiary for IMPS transfer earlier, do they need to change anything for my account?
why would ur account details change ,it will be the same just ur account varient will be changed and nothing else

Try for upgrade from mine.... That will not be easy.... Opening new account will be much easier.. In that case your account number will change... Ifsc code will remain unchanged if u dont change branch.... Just give him/her the new account number.... He/she can again add it...

Just wanted to update on this thread that I got an offer to open insta save account through their mobile banking app.

I am not sure if it was a glitch or I just got lucky but I managed to open it online with MAB 10k and no initial deposit. I already have their Amazon pay card and my existing customer id successfully got linked so it now shows both the card and account.

Back