• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Late payment charges

niteeshk

TF Buzz
Hi guys
My friend has got an bill of 1,00,650 last month .
He paid 1lakh and forgot to pay the bill of 650 rs .
Now ICICI Bank has charged him 6000 rs as late payment fee. Is it possible to levy charges on the total used amount. Charges should be on the 650rs which we haven't paid right .I contacted the customer care and they are saying according to their policies charges will be applicable on. entire amount .
Can anyone please guide me on how to proceed further

I believe as per new RBI guidelines Banks can only charge interest on the overdue amount not on the complete due, incase of partial payment. TechnoFino already has a article on this. Share the same with the bank. Incase they do not comply escalate the case to RBI Ombudsman

sxchzy

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hi guys
My friend has got an bill of 1,00,650 last month .
He paid 1lakh and forgot to pay the bill of 650 rs .
Now ICICI Bank has charged him 6000 rs as late payment fee. Is it possible to levy charges on the total used amount. Charges should be on the 650rs which we haven't paid right .I contacted the customer care and they are saying according to their policies charges will be applicable on. entire amount .
Can anyone please guide me on how to proceed further
since the minimum amount due was paid they should only chaarge interest on the oustanding for which there the interest shouldnt be much
write them an email saying that you will approach rbi imbudsman if the charges arent refctified

niteeshk

TF Buzz
since the minimum amount due was paid they should only chaarge interest on the oustanding for which there the interest shouldnt be much
write them an email saying that you will approach rbi imbudsman if the charges arent refctified
i mentioned the same , they said complain where ever you want . we have our policies .like that .
I didn't know what to do bro

niteeshk

TF Buzz
o
I believe as per new RBI guidelines Banks can only charge interest on the overdue amount not on the complete due, incase of partial payment. TechnoFino already has a article on this. Share the same with the bank. Incase they do not comply escalate the case to RBI Ombudsman
oKay bro will check

MOHITM

TF Buzz
tell Customer Care that you have been using ICICI service for xyz years, you have been charged incorrectly and now you are unhappy with their service and you will close the account if these charges are not removed. Speak in an authoritative way. High possibility that they will make changes to the charges.