• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

icici made hard enquiry (without consent) in cibil for personal loan, when applied for credit card

ltf4ever

TF Legend
i had applied for my 2nd credit card from icici through their website. but due to 6 or 7 documents that they wanted me to submit, i let the application go stale.

i received an sms from icici that if i consent to icici doing a cibil enquiry, i should reply to a certain phone number, which I didn't do.

but i checked my cibil yesterday and found that icici made a hard enquiry for 150000 under personal loan.

1. I want to confirm if the enquiry seen in the report is hard or soft, as it does not mention the type there.

2. also, if i had not consented, how did icici make this enquiry?

i have already raised a dispute with cibil, but should I also escalate this to icici management?

i had applied for my 2nd credit card from icici through their website. but due to 6 or 7 documents that they wanted me to submit, i let the application go stale.

i received an sms from icici that if i consent to icici doing a cibil enquiry, i should reply to a certain phone number, which I didn't do.

but i checked my cibil yesterday and found that icici made a hard enquiry for 150000 under personal loan.

1. I want to confirm if the enquiry seen in the report is hard or soft, as it does not mention the type there.

i have already raised a dispute with cibil, but should I also escalate this to icici management?
CIBIL will not do anything unless bank reports them so no use of raising dispute, you will receive standard response from CIBIL. ICICI is the one you should contact by sharing the credit report which has inquiry by ICICI stating that it was done without customer consent. The inquiry is hard and ICICI can correct it after follow-up with proper reasoning.

CIBIL will not do anything unless bank reports them so no use of raising dispute, you will receive standard response from CIBIL. ICICI is the one you should contact by sharing the credit report which has inquiry by ICICI stating that it was done without customer consent. The inquiry is hard and ICICI can correct it after follow-up with proper reasoning.
any escalation emailids in icici in your experience that might give a reasonable response?

true... cibil took 5 days to respond to the dispute i raised, only to tell me that they cannot do anything and asked me to contact the bank directly.
lol..

Okay, I can share my experience with you as I dealt with IDFC in a similar circumstance. When I applied for a credit card, IDFC made three inquiries: one for a personal loan, one for a credit card, and one for a consumer loan all on the same day. Customer care promised to check into it after complaints to PNO, but they never follow up on same. Following a 30-day complaint to the RBI, the PNO followed up and once more promised to look into the matter.

After a week, their team finally agreed to remove the consumer loan inquiry (I was fine with at least one ending) and they promised me that it would take some time for the change to take effect (about 30-45 days). They then asked me to close the RBI complaint.

I complied, but it's been four months and the inquiry is still on my credit report; it's not worth taking that much time to get rid of an inquiry unless you really want to.

Okay, I can share my experience with you as I dealt with IDFC in a similar circumstance. When I applied for a credit card, IDFC made three inquiries: one for a personal loan, one for a credit card, and one for a consumer loan all on the same day. Customer care promised to check into it after complaints to PNO, but they never follow up on same. Following a 30-day complaint to the RBI, the PNO followed up and once more promised to look into the matter.

After a week, their team finally agreed to remove the consumer loan inquiry (I was fine with at least one ending) and they promised me that it would take some time for the change to take effect (about 30-45 days). They then asked me to close the RBI complaint.

I complied, but it's been four months and the inquiry is still on my credit report; it's not worth taking that much time to get rid of an inquiry unless you really want to.
Following as I have faced similar issue recently
update: icici had asked me for screenshot of cibil, which i sent them. they had estimated closure date of 7th oct. now they have extended the closure date to 14th oct.
escalated on Twitter. cibil handle asked me to fill up the dispute form, and told me that they can't do anything unless the bank asks them to. so basically their form is useless. on email also cibil asked me to sort it out with the bank .
icici handle said they will contact me but haven't done it yet.

i am willing to go to rbi, even if i need to follow up for an year.

update: icici had asked me for screenshot of cibil, which i sent them. they had estimated closure date of 7th oct. now they have extended the closure date to 14th oct.
escalated on Twitter. cibil handle asked me to fill up the dispute form, and told me that they can't do anything unless the bank asks them to. so basically their form is useless. on email also cibil asked me to sort it out with the bank .
icici handle said they will contact me but haven't done it yet.

i am willing to go to rbi, even if i need to follow up for an year.
I like your perseverance. They keep you tossing around from one agentbto thr other. sending generic canned responses making you explain the same bloody issue time and again to clueless support executives. Seems too much of a hassle for something like a credit check I know will not matter in 5-6 months.

I like your perseverance. They keep you tossing around from one agentbto thr other. sending generic canned responses making you explain the same bloody issue time and again to clueless support executives. Seems too much of a hassle for something like a credit check I know will not matter in 5-6 months.
gone thru same pain.. they took more than 45days to remove the unwanted enquiry.. totally lethargic support at initial level keep on frustrating you by asking same detail and cibil screenshot with control no in an interval of week again and again... and finally hope come alive when your issue is escalated to senior desk... which also took around 10 days to finally get a call that your grievance has been resolved..
If your complaint got registered by customer at first level means got service request number.. then now respond to straight to senior escalation team email-ids of which are below...
senior.management@icicibank.com,
managingdirector@icicibank.com,
vinayak.more@icicibank.com,
Sandeep.Bakhshi@icicibank.com,
headcreditcards@icicibank.com,
headservicequality@icicibank.com,

gone thru same pain.. they took more than 45days to remove the unwanted enquiry.. totally lethargic support at initial level keep on frustrating you by asking same detail and cibil screenshot with control no in an interval of week again and again... and finally hope come alive when your issue is escalated to senior desk... which also took around 10 days to finally get a call that your grievance has been resolved..
If your complaint got registered by customer at first level means got service request number.. then now respond to straight to senior escalation team email-ids of which are below...
senior.management@icicibank.com,
managingdirector@icicibank.com,
vinayak.more@icicibank.com,
Sandeep.Bakhshi@icicibank.com,
headcreditcards@icicibank.com,
headservicequality@icicibank.com,
thanks a lot for all these email ids!
the process is going as you jave predicted.
interestingly, i had also raised this on Twitter and icici team contacted me. when i said that i have already shared cibil screenshots and gave them the service request number, they said that no such record is found!!
i am now waiting for 30 days to get completed so that I can file complaint with RBI who i believe will straighten them out.

ICICI made the same error while issuing my pre-approved CC. Instead of CC, a personal loan enquiry is reflecting on my CIBIL too!

Well, update on this. The ICICI team has responded and they have found that their team has made inquiries without customer consent. Received acknowledgment from Senior Management Escalations that they have removed the inquiry from their end and it will be reflected in new report. So, yes there is hope for those who follow-up with banks through right channels to rasie dispute for CIBIL.

Attachments

• ICICI_Dispute.JPG
    ICICI_Dispute.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 79
Well, update on this. The ICICI team has responded and they have found that their team has made inquiries without customer consent. Received acknowledgment from Senior Management Escalations that they have removed the inquiry from their end and it will be reflected in new report. So, yes there is hope for those who follow-up with banks through right channels to rasie dispute for CIBIL.
which email id responded to this?
the ticket that i had raised, on the deadline, they are sending a mail extending the deadline. i was planning to wait for 30 days and let them do this mischief and i will escalate to rbi.

which email id responded to this?
the ticket that i had raised, on the deadline, they are sending a mail extending the deadline. i was planning to wait for 30 days and let them do this mischief and i will escalate to rbi.
senior.management@icicibank.com Raised issue on Oct 10, received first response on Oct 13. Then final decision on Oct 19. Smooth process. Mention CIBIL control number with latest report copy and inquiry amount by ICICI in mail.

senior.management@icicibank.com Raised issue on Oct 10, received first response on Oct 13. Then final decision on Oct 19. Smooth process. Mention CIBIL control number with latest report copy and inquiry amount by ICICI in mail.
got this reply from their normal escalation process:
"Dear Customer,

we inform you that we had sent the request to CIBIL for enquiry details and it will take 5 days time to response.
Hence, we request you to write us back after mentioned time period to assist you further"

did you receive any such kind of email?

cibil is asking me to contact Bank, bank is telling they have asked cibil. i dont know what's happening.

i even sent emails to their senior management but they have not responded at all even to my follow up emails.

Last edited:
got this reply from their normal escalation process:
"Dear Customer,

we inform you that we had sent the request to CIBIL for enquiry details and it will take 5 days time to response.
Hence, we request you to write us back after mentioned time period to assist you further"

did you receive any such kind of email?

cibil is asking me to contact Bank, bank is telling they have asked cibil. i dont know what's happening.

i even sent emails to their senior management but they have not responded at all even to my follow up emails.
No, I did not receive any such mail. I wrote to ICICI senior management and got confirmation from them that they are suppressing the inquiry made for personal loan. And then they reported it to credit bureau.

Attachments

• ICICI.JPG
    ICICI.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 35
My CIBIL report also shows ICICI enquiry as PL instead of CC that too mine was a pre approved offer from imobile app.
Hope they have user access for PL which seems less charged than CC query login not sure but.

Back