• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

icici made hard enquiry (without consent) in cibil for personal loan, when applied for credit card

ltf4ever

TF Legend
i had applied for my 2nd credit card from icici through their website. but due to 6 or 7 documents that they wanted me to submit, i let the application go stale.

i received an sms from icici that if i consent to icici doing a cibil enquiry, i should reply to a certain phone number, which I didn't do.

but i checked my cibil yesterday and found that icici made a hard enquiry for 150000 under personal loan.

1. I want to confirm if the enquiry seen in the report is hard or soft, as it does not mention the type there.

2. also, if i had not consented, how did icici make this enquiry?

i have already raised a dispute with cibil, but should I also escalate this to icici management?

rbi ombudsman. i am waiting till 30 days are over to complain to rbi.
Please share your experiences brother and other people as well. I also want to remove 3 enquiries for 1 LE and that too unsuccessful and now they want me to purchase CIBIL Subscription.
ICICI and HDFC and Axis and BOB have become so customer unfriendly banks. SBI Cards and IDFC are working way better than them
If they can learn 50% from Amex what is called the real service, then they will have much better customer base.

got this reply from their normal escalation process:
"Dear Customer,

we inform you that we had sent the request to CIBIL for enquiry details and it will take 5 days time to response.
Hence, we request you to write us back after mentioned time period to assist you further"

did you receive any such kind of email?

cibil is asking me to contact Bank, bank is telling they have asked cibil. i dont know what's happening.

i even sent emails to their senior management but they have not responded at all even to my follow up emails.
I recieved same response after 15 days. What happened after this?

Back