• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI not giving me Credit Card due to Work From home

AsB

TF Legend
Currently the project that I am working in, allows work from home. When I applied for ICICI (Platinum Chip) Credit card, the bank asked me to submit a proof that I am working from home. The proof needed to be from the company itself. The reason that they gave me was that since my present location and office location were different, the bank needs proof that it was I , who applied for the card, not by any bank agents.
So, I gave them the offer letter, which contained the proof that I need not report to office. Now, they are asking me to give me more proof. Since I don't have any more proof, and my manager says that he cannot give me such a letter, as it is restricted to the project, and not officially from my company.

Can't I just write an undertaking that I am the one who applied for the card?

How do I escalate the matter?

Currently the project that I am working in, allows work from home. When I applied for ICICI (Platinum Chip) Credit card, the bank asked me to submit a proof that I am working from home. The proof needed to be from the company itself. The reason that they gave me was that since my present location and office location were different, the bank needs proof that it was I , who applied for the card, not by any bank agents.
So, I gave them the offer letter, which contained the proof that I need not report to office. Now, they are asking me to give me more proof. Since I don't have any more proof, and my manager says that he cannot give me such a letter, as it is restricted to the project, and not officially from my company.

I got two cards from icici when i was working from my home and the distance was 350km. Is this new rule being followed by banks?

is this card really worth the effort for you? i am an existing icici Amazon cc customer, still they asked me for 6-7 documents when i applied for platinum chip card. i just let the application go stale. i don't even pick up their calls now.

or go directly to a branch and apply if not already done. at least they will let you know then and there if they can proceed with the documents that you already have.

Last edited:
Give official email id with company domain (Change the ID letter), if you have company laptop, take screenshot of corporate VPN installed in laptop, past 3m form 16 as proof of employment. If possible, a recent snap of you in office with name board or location might also help.

is this card really worth the effort for you? i am an existing icici Amazon cc customer, still they asked me for 6-7 documents when i applied for platinum chip card. i just let the application go stale. i don't even pick up their calls now.

or go directly to a branch and apply if not already done. at least they will let you know then and there if they can proceed with the documents that you already have.
Some offers are not applicable to apay. Also, I applied through branch.

What docs were asked except salary slip

Then I guess its better to wait for pre approved offer.... As Have salary account... It will come for sure I guess
in contrast, i have icici amazon pay ltf which was approved by them based only on vkyc. even my amazon account is a non-kyc acct.
so i was surprised when they are asking so much docs even after me holding a card with them.

Have you applied by yourself or through some agent?

Because yesterday only I applied for platinum and they only asked me 1-month salary slip.
No proof of work from home is asked and I only hold Apay card relationship with them.
Whom u gave the salary slip to...?? The agent that called or to any email....??

Agent didn't ask for any Documents.
It was on the Video KYC page.

So,
I applied through their portal, Next day received a call that he need to confirm the details and also that AST YES msg for cibil inquiry consent.
Just after confirmation of the details, I got the KYC link and there was aadhar verification and option to upload the required document.
For me, only 1 month's salary slip was required. Cibil enquiry was done at the time of video KYC.
Whom u gave the salary slip to...?? The agent that called or to any email....??

Agent didn't ask for any Documents.
It was on the Video KYC page.

So,
I applied through their portal, Next day received a call that he need to confirm the details and also that AST YES msg for cibil inquiry consent.
Just after confirmation of the details, I got the KYC link and there was aadhar verification and option to upload the required document.
For me, only 1 month's salary slip was required. Cibil enquiry was done at the time of video KYC.
Ohh I see... I also got the similar call.. But agent was saying to send salary slip on his official mail.... I also have salary account with icici still they are asking for salary slip which is very strange...

Did ur card got approved..?? Did u received any calls verification calls after vkyc..

Back