• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI not giving me Credit Card due to Work From home

AsB

TF Legend
Currently the project that I am working in, allows work from home. When I applied for ICICI (Platinum Chip) Credit card, the bank asked me to submit a proof that I am working from home. The proof needed to be from the company itself. The reason that they gave me was that since my present location and office location were different, the bank needs proof that it was I , who applied for the card, not by any bank agents.
So, I gave them the offer letter, which contained the proof that I need not report to office. Now, they are asking me to give me more proof. Since I don't have any more proof, and my manager says that he cannot give me such a letter, as it is restricted to the project, and not officially from my company.

Can't I just write an undertaking that I am the one who applied for the card?

How do I escalate the matter?

Ohh I see... I also got the similar call.. But agent was saying to send salary slip on his official mail.... I also have salary account with icici still they are asking for salary slip which is very strange...

Did ur card got approved..?? Did u received any calls verification calls after vkyc..
Waiting for update ,As Video KYC was done yesterday only.

The KYC person was told that if approved you will get your card in 10 days.

Have you applied by yourself or through some agent?

Because yesterday only I applied for platinum and they only asked me 1-month salary slip.
No proof of work from home is asked and I only hold Apay card relationship with them.
Through branch. Acc to branch, that was the problem. If I had applied online, they would not have considered work location

Do update here... One last question... The salary slip.... Did u uploaded online pdf... Or took a photo of physical hard copy and uploaded...
sure i will update here,

I Have uploaded pdf downloaded from the company portal.

Also,Agent told me to ready with 3-month salary slip and 3 months bank account statement. and both of them have the same account credited.

But in the KYC portal, I only got the option to upload 1 month's salary slip.so I confirmed the same with the agent and he told me it depends from person to person.

Through branch. Acc to branch, that was the problem. If I had applied online, they would not have considered work location
If you want to apply again you can try with a different mobile number through the online process.

sure i will update here,

I Have uploaded pdf downloaded from the company portal.

Also,Agent told me to ready with 3-month salary slip and 3 months bank account statement. and both of them have the same account credited.

But in the KYC portal, I only got the option to upload 1 month's salary slip.so I confirmed the same with the agent and he told me it depends from person to person.

If you want to apply again you can try with a different mobile number through the online process.
Online.... They only take application from aadhar linked mobile number.... Personally tried with different number.. Application didn't went through

Online.... They only take application from aadhar linked mobile number.... Personally tried with different number.. Application didn't went through
I have applied with different number and the application was successful. But you have to again send AST YES which might lead to another cibil enquiry
After the mobile OTP, Video KYC page will ask you to enter your Aadhar number and OTP for fetching the details for KYC purposes
which has no dependency on the application-linked number.

Reactions: AsB
I have applied with different number and the application was successful. But you have to again send AST YES which might lead to another cibil enquiry
After the mobile OTP, Video KYC page will ask you to enter your Aadhar number and OTP for fetching the details for KYC purposes
which has no dependency on the application-linked number.
I was applying through instant credit card portal of icici.... It promise card in 20 minutes... Which is fake... And it dont do a cibil enquiry... After it takes a analysis of my salary account with icici... It shows me a application number..... And then an agent calls.......

How do I escalate to re-consider my application? What are the email addresses for ICICI Bank?
They hardly will listen....they will again say the same thing u got in rejection mail... I hold salary account with them... Cibil well above 750...still they rejected my apay application.. Mailed rbi ombudsman... Icici cs head... Same copy paste reply.... Internal policy decision....

They hardly will listen....they will again say the same thing u got in rejection mail... I hold salary account with them... Cibil well above 750...still they rejected my apay application.. Mailed rbi ombudsman... Icici cs head... Same copy paste reply.... Internal policy decision....
Even then, I still want to try. Because they approve some cards .

Currently the project that I am working in, allows work from home online jobs. When I applied for ICICI (Platinum Chip) Credit card, the bank asked me to submit a proof that I am working from home. The proof needed to be from the company itself. The reason that they gave me was that since my present location and office location were different, the bank needs proof that it was I , who applied for the card, not by any bank agents.
So, I gave them the offer letter, which contained the proof that I need not report to office. Now, they are asking me to give me more proof. Since I don't have any more proof, and my manager says that he cannot give me such a letter, as it is restricted to the project, and not officially from my company.

Can't I just write an undertaking that I am the one who applied for the card?

How do I escalate the matter?
Provide them your business address, it will solve your problem as i easily got credit card and i am working in same field

Last edited:
Back