• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI refund for ECS/Mandate return charges

|V|

TF Buzz
I received a message from ICICI that mandate return charges will be leived since the mandate had failed. Its not been charged yet but it will show up soon.
Is there a way I can ask ICICI to refund these ?

Its was a stupid misjudgement from my end and learnt the lesson , now hoping if I can ask ICICI to give the refund as goodwill gesture ?

I had 3 SI on my icici account for 3 Mutual funds SIP. Out of 3 SIP; only 1 was processed successfully.
I always maintain required 10k MAB on icici which should take care of all the 3 sips but this time I had applied for IPO because of which the fund was blocked up and the mandate failed.

Same issue, they didn't reverse .
Let me know if you get it reversed
After much back and forth emails with customer care head. I did get the reversal. :) Absolute win !!

I asked escalation with the customer care and they shared customer care head email ID and I emailed them again asking for a reversal.

This is the message I got :
"However, basis your relationship with the bank, we have raised the request to reverse the charges of Rs. xxxxx and it was processed on xxxxxx.

After much back and forth emails with customer care head. I did get the reversal. :) Absolute win !!

I asked escalation with the customer care and they shared customer care head email ID and I emailed them again asking for a reversal.

This is the message I got :
"However, basis your relationship with the bank, we have raised the request to reverse the charges of Rs. xxxxx and it was processed on xxxxxx.
Hi bro.

If you don’t mind can you share me mail id ?

Should I raise the concern after the ECS charge levied (debited) or before ?

I received message that applicable charges will be levied but amount not deducted yet.

Hi bro.

If you don’t mind can you share me mail id ?

Should I raise the concern after the ECS charge levied (debited) or before ?

I received message that applicable charges will be levied but amount not deducted yet.
Wait for debit. Then email the normal customer care customer.care@icicibank.com
Asking them for reversal. They won't agree. Ask them for escalation multiple times.
At some point; they will suggest to email headservicequality@icicibank.com.

Then email the escalation contact and ask for reversal.

There's lot of to & fro via email.

Back