• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Checks Social Media or Search Engine?

SmartSave

TF Premier
I got my IDFC First Wealth Approved recently but there was something unusual that happened which had never happened before.

Someone from their team calls me up, talks about my company being located at X location and it being Private company whereas in my application I've given Y location and it's not a private company -- Brand remains the same.

Now here's the thing, I gave the latest info as we turned into a remote company prior to pandemic happened but while still holding the office at X location but in the midst of the pandemic decided to let go fully and continue as a remote company (WFH) and restructured a bit to reduce the compliance burden. No where did I mention about these things in the application nor it's written anywhere on our website.

The only place they would be able to find is if they checked social media handle posts or any search engine (because old content with various sites still would obviously have the former location/name details). The CIBIL report too doesn't have any mention about the private company but does have the location tagged as office address.

Anyone else faced this? It was a verification call.

Although there was nothing to hide and I gave full legit info, I just felt it a bit unusual for a bank to do this level of search.