• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank launched its debit card reward system

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
IDFC First Bank launched its debit card reward system recently. Now you'll earn reward points for spending money using your IDFC First Bank debit card.
Reward portal link - https://www.firstrewards.com/

Screenshot_20230204_124537_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reward system for IDFC First Bank normal debit card-
2000 welcome reward points on IDFC First normal debit card transaction above Rs. 1000

Online transaction- earn 2 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Select debit card reward system-
4000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 3 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 2 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 100) for every Rs. 100 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Wealth debit card reward system-
8000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 4 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 3 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 100) for every Rs. 100 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Private debit card reward system-
20,000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 6 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 4 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend

Exclusions: Payment to Mutual Funds, Insurance, Financial Institutions, Security Brokers, Dealers, Wallet Uploads, Quasi Cash, ATM Withdrawals, Credit Card Payments and Account Transfers transactions are not a part of FIRST Rewards program, Please refer to the TnC page for specific Merchant Codes that are excluded.

1 reward point = Rs. 0.25

Note: You'll earn core reward points depending on your debit card variant, along with the 10X points.

A monthly reward point accrual capping will be applicable based on user’s program membership. (w.e.f. 1st December 2023)

Type of ProgramMonthly Point Capping
General8,000
Select30,000
Wealth50,000
Private5,00,000

How to redeem- You can redeem your reward points against gift vouchers, flight booking, recharge, etc.
Just click on "Redeem" and you'll see all the available options.
Link- https://www.firstrewards.com/user/burn

These are the excluded mcc's. You won't receive any reward points for spending on these categories.

Merchant CodesMerchant Categories
6300INSURANCE SALES AND UNDERWRITING
6012FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS - MERCHANDISE & SERVICES
6211SECURITY BROKERS/DEALERS
6051QUASI CASH
6540WALLET UPLOAD

Reward Rate:-

IDFC First Bank Normal Debit Card-
Online- 0.33%
Offline- 0.17%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 1.67%; Offline- 1.67%

IDFC First Bank Select Debit Card-
Online- 0.50%
Offline- 0.33%
10X category- 2.5%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.5%; Offline- 2.5%

IDFC First Bank Wealth Debit Card-
Online- 0.67%
Offline- 0.50%
10X category- 2.5%

IDFC First Bank Private Debit Card-
Online- 1%
Offline- 0.67%
10X category- 2.5%

Update on 14th July: IDFC First Bank relaunched its debit card reward system on 14th July, 2023.
We've made the necessary changes in the article.

Update on 22 Dec, 2023: IDFC First Bank updated its debit card reward system on 1st Dec, 2023.
We've made the necessary changes in the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an update about Rewards Manual Credit:

1. I had raised a complaint for manual credit of points for txns done on 7th & 8th July.

2. During the conversation with CC, I came to know that there are ceiling limits for manual credits of points by CC executive:
a) For Normal DC: 5,000 points
b) Select DC: 10,000 points
c) Wealth DC: 20,000 points
d) Private DC: 50,000 points

3. If the points for manual credit is beyond the ceiling limit, approval has to be taken , which can take another 3-5 days of time.

4. So, the whole point of this post is, whenever raising a complaint for manual credit of points, ses that you do it for only those many tnxs. at a time, whose cumulative rewards sum falls withing the respective ceiling limits.
For eg. If you hold Select DC, raise a complaint for total txn. value, not more than 50k, at a time (assuming you in 10X bracket) !!!

Hope this could of some help..

Got an update about Rewards Manual Credit:

1. I had raised a complaint for manual credit of points for txns done on 7th & 8th July.

2. During the conversation with CC, I came to know that there are ceiling limits for manual credits of points by CC executive:
a) For Normal DC: 5,000 points
b) Select DC: 10,000 points
c) Wealth DC: 20,000 points
d) Private DC: 50,000 points

3. If the points for manual credit is beyond the ceiling limit, approval has to be taken , which can take another 3-5 days of time.

4. So, the whole point of this post is, whenever raising a complaint for manual credit of points, ses that you do it for only those many tnxs. at a time, whose cumulative rewards sum falls withing the respective ceiling limits.
For eg. If you hold Select DC, raise a complaint for total txn. value, not more than 50k, at a time (assuming you in 10X bracket) !!!

Hope this could of some help..
Good info! Any idea if this ceiling is per request or per month?

I still haven't received any points for transactions made on 27th June. It's time to write to IDFC. Does anyone know if a mail to a generic IDFC support email will do, or perhaps a phone call, or any specific mail ID for Wealth account holders?

I still haven't received any points for transactions made on 27th June. It's time to write to IDFC. Does anyone know if a mail to a generic IDFC support email will do, or perhaps a phone call, or any specific mail ID for Wealth account holders?
I also didn’t receive RPs for 27th June. I contacted cc and they raised a request few days before and the RPs are credited in the next two days. It’s always better to talk with first rewards team than sending email as it might take more time to get resolved. However if you still need to send email, then send it to banker@idfcfirst.com

I also didn’t receive RPs for 27th June. I contacted cc and they raised a request few days before and the RPs are credited in the next two days. It’s always better to talk with first rewards team than sending email as it might take more time to get resolved. However if you still need to send email, then send it to banker@idfcfirst.com
Appreciate it. I did call an hour ago. The executive didn't raise a complaint, instead, raised a callback request from the points team within 3 working days. I specifically asked if he'd take a complaint which could be worked upon by that team, but he said callback from that team where I'd have to explain the issue, was the only solution available. I suppose that's alright, though maybe I can call during working hours...

Appreciate it. I did call an hour ago. The executive didn't raise a complaint, instead, raised a callback request from the points team within 3 working days. I specifically asked if he'd take a complaint which could be worked upon by that team, but he said callback from that team where I'd have to explain the issue, was the only solution available. I suppose that's alright, though maybe I can call during working hours...
First Reward team is available from 9 to 6 P. M. Mon to Sat so try to call in between time to connect with them

1722653674075.webp

Earlier I was able to make payment before billing cyclen as well.
But now sbiunipay is not allowing me to make payment before billing date. (Doing for HDFC credit card)

Is this recently changed
Any workaround to pay outstanding amount before bill generation.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back