• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank saving account Review

Santhosh

TF Buzz
Any one using IDFC First bank saving account and what is your experience ?
Planning to take this bank account for my investment SIPs and park some emergency fund.
Or any other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
IDFC has a serious confusion about the F in their name, often thinks its for Freeze! So not a sound option for emergency funds. Also, once there is a freeze, you have to visit branch, and then keep waiting for them to get it sorted. And they freeze for no legitimate reasons, just because you do UPI transactions, particularly creditt transactions. Don't think the freeze issue is about not showing higher income levels, I had mentioned 3000000, and yet had to go through the nonsensical process.
Still keeping the account though. Though I hardly use debit card, their reward program on DC isn't bad. Also, they are good more often than not, on the tech side of things. The SB interest rates, for higher amounts is close to FD rates. So if you don't do too many UPI transactions, if you wouldn't mind the inconvenience of a freeze drama and everything afterwards, if you have funds to park for non-emergencies, then IDFC isn't a bad option.

shenoyanil98

TF Select
I opened my account during lockdown, My experience is very good with lots of vouchers recieved in the initial days, Mobile App was the best with everything present in the app itself
Now I have made it as my primary account upgraded to wealth status, I had accounts in different banks but no bank gave me so much back as this bank did.
It gave me my first credit card also when they just launched and upgraded now to wealth but no use after the latest devaluation.
I read so much about freeze in this forum which scared me also and I have shifted all my upi to SBI
But personally I have the best experience with IDFC