• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank

varun__goel_

TF Prestige
Hey, is it safe to open an account in IDFC First Bank(in terms of stability), considering it is a new bank as compared to HDFC, ICICI etc. Was planning to open account but just doubtful as new bank can fail. They are also providing higher interest rates compared to others, it means they must be taking more risks to earn profits.I just need your opinions😅

Last edited:
Hey, is it safe to open an account in IDFC First Bank(in terms of stability), considering it is a new bank as compared to HDFC, ICICI etc. Was planning to open account but just doubtful as new bank can fail. They are also providing higher interest rates compared to others, it means they must be taking more risks to earn profits.I just need your opinions😅
Think you must have taken a decision by now but I'll still share my opinion for benifit of others (if that may help). First the safety, as already answered by others, 5 Lakhs is safe in any RBI approved bank. Bank profits look quite healthy and the same has been reflected by their share price. A year plus back IDFC Bank share price was ₹35-37 per share and now it's 56-57 after having touched ₹60.

I have an account with them for the last year and a half and the points in favour of them are high interest rate for deposits above 10 Lakhs, good benefits on their Select/Wealth Debit Cards if your account gets upgared and a great online/mob banking experience. Now.the negatives. They do not offer good FD rates as compared to other banks like AU Small Finance Bank, no priority customercare support even for wealth customers. They have now introduced the family banking earlier even that wasn't there. I personally would recommend a secondary banking relationship with them anyday. Infact I would even recommend IDFC shares for the long term investor.

IDFC First bank is doing very well. Management (Mr. Vaidyanathan ex ICICI) is good. Net NPA is less than 1% and grew around 100% in last 1 year. I am very positive about opening savings account in IDFC FB as well as buying equity/shares of this bank...

Back