• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC offering me 15k voucher to close the case with banking ombudsman

Hi,

I asked IDFC bank to upgrade the card from select to wealth but IDFC denied the same. later when I asked them the reason I didn't get any response for a month. Then again they said due to internal policy card can't be upgraded. Fed up with their delayed mechanic response I requested them to close my card on 31st Jan. Bank stopped replying after that due to which I placed complaint with banking ombudsman. Finally bank closed the card on 6th March.

I asked them to compensate and they just offered 2k voucher which I denied and placed complaint with banking ombudsman again. Today I got a call from bank saying we will give 15k voucher.

should I accept that? will my credibility for future complaints with Banking Ombudsman drop if I accept the voucher to close the case?

please respond with your valuable inputs.

thanks

They consider card upgrade as limit enhancement itself.
But they are giving a 15k voucher take it as ombudsman doesnt track these and even if it did the bank is anyway liable to pay you in damages.
just check the rbi circular whether it mentions that the damages that the bank will pay would be in cash or cash equivalent
I took the vouchers & spent already :D

C
Hi,

I asked IDFC bank to upgrade the card from select to wealth but IDFC denied the same. later when I asked them the reason I didn't get any response for a month. Then again they said due to internal policy card can't be upgraded. Fed up with their delayed mechanic response I requested them to close my card on 31st Jan. Bank stopped replying after that due to which I placed complaint with banking ombudsman. Finally bank closed the card on 6th March.

I asked them to compensate and they just offered 2k voucher which I denied and placed complaint with banking ombudsman again. Today I got a call from bank saying we will give 15k voucher.

should I accept that? will my credibility for future complaints with Banking Ombudsman drop if I accept the voucher to close the case?

thanks
Can you tell me what did you say the second time of your complaint to ombudsman ??

Just they
I shared all the timelines of each email that I sent/Received along with screenshots
But what do you mean by sending their replies .. like u sent the mail where they proposed you with 2k ??.. if yes .. what did you wrote in that email ? Like did u say that ur loss doesn’t compensate by 2k 😂

Hi,

thanks
Is it like a court where we have to present?

Back