• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Wealth account upgrade

I want to upgrade my IDFC regular savings account (MAB 25000) to wealth account. Can anyone tell me how I can upgrade without hefty funds like 10 lacs. I have heard people getting upgraded to wealth account with a minimum fund as low as 1 lac. What's the hack? Please suggest.

Response much appreciated.

I want to upgrade my IDFC regular savings account (MAB 25000) to wealth account. Can anyone tell me how I can upgrade without hefty funds like 10 lacs. I have heard people getting upgraded to wealth account with a minimum fund as low as 1 lac. What's the hack? Please suggest.

Response much appreciated.
There is abnsolutiely no way to upgrade to IDFC Wealth based of 1L funds to my knowledge..
All the best , if you can do it and do let us know...

My RM was talking about investing in some ULIP scheme to get wealth if your desperate to get it try investing but ulip is shit

IDFC has opened a new branch near my house
1) should I open a bank account with them?
2) Is there any benefit for any particular savings account or debit card ?
I only have IDFC wealth lifetime free

Which particular account should I choose and which particular debit card?
Does IDFC debit card give free Spa at the airport or free vouchers like rupay select card?
@SSV @Bohra @mastfun

IDFC has opened a new branch near my house
1) should I open a bank account with them?
2) Is there any benefit for any particular savings account or debit card ?
I only have IDFC wealth lifetime free
This noob question coming from you made me laugh so hard

Open 25 k account , while opening they would have direct option to enroll in Welath program

Caviet is you do 10 lakh IP

Then remove it bit by bit

Rest your wish

But don't promise your new branch about keeping money else they will come after yoh like leeach

Also don't show any intrest in ULIP

This noob question coming from you made me laugh so hard

Open 25 k account , while opening they would have direct option to enroll in Welath program

Caviet is you do 10 lakh IP

Then remove it bit by bit

Rest your wish

But don't promise your new branch about keeping money else they will come after yoh like leeach

Also don't show any intrest in ULIP
Deposit 10 lacs
what is the advantage and benefit of the wealth account and private account

There is nothing great about private, except that private debit card will give 1% instead of 0.67% for wealth for first 50k spends. Post 50k spends, both have same reward rate. There could be 1/2 lounge visit additions, but nothing great if you already have CCs with lounge visit

Wealth dc is
1- the rp on bill payment
2- best dc for extensive domestic lounge with 3+2 guest visit on wealth

To open private u need to directly open wealth then fund 1 cr for upgrade
There is nothing great about private, except that private debit card will give 1% instead of 0.67% for wealth for first 50k spends. Post 50k spends, both have same reward rate. There could be 1/2 lounge visit additions, but nothing great if you already have CCs with lounge visit
Thanks I will not open an account, I don't need these benefits

Its
Deposit 10 lacs
what is the advantage and benefit of the wealth account and private account
debit card
It has 3% reward benefit on credit card bill payment.
Exceptional lounge access
Family benefits - we can add upto 5 members of family to avail same benefits

There is abnsolutiely no way to upgrade to IDFC Wealth based of 1L funds to my knowledge..
All the best , if you can do it and do let us know...

The branch manager can take a deviation and get it opened. Im getting mine opened with 5L initial funding. If i negotiated harder with him could have definitely brought it down to 2L but 1L is most difficult

The branch manager can take a deviation and get it opened. Im getting mine opened with 5L initial funding. If i negotiated harder with him could have definitely brought it down to 2L but 1L is most difficult
Very good.
However, Initial funding is different to exsiting account upgrade..
5L is alright.
Getting it for 2L is a big achievement in my view

Family benefits - we can add upto 5 members of family to avail same benefits

I got my spouse added to the Family grouping (I have Wealth). The email for group creation and addition came yesterday. But nothing shows in her netbanking or app. How many more days it takes to reflect that.

And post that can we block the existing debit card and upon re-issuance, IDFC will send the Wealth debit card for her?

I got my spouse added to the Family grouping (I have Wealth). The email for group creation and addition came yesterday. But nothing shows in her netbanking or app. How many more days it takes to reflect that.

And post that can we block the existing debit card and upon re-issuance, IDFC will send the Wealth debit card for her?
OMG, the signature :eek:

I first thought it is in Post for some information :hehe:

The criteria for idfc wealth is different at different branches...in one branch they told me to maintain 10lakhs for 3 months...I converted to wealth by maintaining 5lakhs for 3 months as suggested by another branch... I think they wouldn't go less than 5lakh for wealth account

I asked the same for my RM and she said it was 15l for 3 months.
If we keep 10 lakh for 3 months does it get upgraded automatically?
The criteria for idfc wealth is different at different branches...in one branch they told me to maintain 10lakhs for 3 months...I converted to wealth by maintaining 5lakhs for 3 months as suggested by another branch... I think they wouldn't go less than 5lakh for wealth account

Back