• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Imobile not available to ICICI credit card only customers?

Karthik:

TF Select
My dad has ICICI credit card. He doesn't have a savings account in ICICI. When I try to register for Imobile app using his registered mobile number, the app is considering him as UPI customer. App options look different than normal and seems exclusive to UPI. His credit card is not getting displayed in the app. In short the app is not recognising him as an existing credit card customer. Is imobile app only for saving account holders ?

My dad has ICICI credit card. He doesn't have a savings account in ICICI. When I try to register for Imobile app using his registered mobile number, the app is considering him as UPI customer. App options look different than normal and seems exclusive to UPI. His credit card is not getting displayed in the app. In short the app is not recognising him as an existing credit card customer. Is imobile app only for saving account holders ?
Nope. I own a credit card account only. iMobile works for me as it should.

Faced problem initially as I'm credit card customer, no account. Contacted customer care through Twitter and my problem was resolved in 2-3 days.

Did you received your card ? If not then wait if you received your card then uninstall the app and do the process again you will get an option to select card

Did you received your card ? If not then wait if you received your card then uninstall the app and do the process again you will get an option to select card
It's 5 year old card. My dad had never used imobile before. Have raised a query with icicibankcares twitter as @m1n8 suggested. Will update once I get response.

Yes he has netbanking access. Even for netbanking he could login only through userid and not using mobile number. When I try to login through mobile number, it says mobile number not registered with us.
@Cierdo, he has netbanking access.
Verify the registered mobile number on netbanking, in that case.
If it is correctly present, raise a ticket to ICICI for the issue that you're facing.

Verify the registered mobile number on netbanking, in that case.
If it is correctly present, raise a ticket to ICICI for the issue that you're facing.
Have checked, number is reflected in netbanking. This is some weird error. Had texted them in twitter and received this reply. "Hi, we are here to help you. We have made a note of your contact number. Our official will contact you to help resolve your concern." Haven't received the call yet.

Back