• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Imperia "Family Benefits" account addition question

Quick question on this HDFC's Imperia account. I understand one can upgrade a family member's account if you're an Imperia customer.

My question on this family benefit is:
1. If I have an Imperia account and my spouse or parents have a regular HDFC bank account - does that get simply upgraded to Imperia or do I have to create a joint account of some type?
2. How does one do it?
3. Does the family member get all the Imperia benefits whatever they might be?

Solution
1. If I have an Imperia account and my spouse or parents have a regular HDFC bank account - does that get simply upgraded to Imperia or do I have to create a joint account of some type?
They get upgraded to Imperia once they are added to your family banking. You can add upto 7 more accounts (Total 8 including yours).
You just have to show relation between all of you, Spouse, parents, kids, grandparents, etc.

2. How does one do it?
Speak to RM, they have a family ID linking form. First holder of all the accounts will have to sign.

3. Does the family member get all the Imperia benefits whatever they might be?
Yes, all the benefits are given to all account holders except locker, there can only be 1 free...
My RM is of no use.. Better not to waste time by speaking with him.
I emaild preferred banking support and they are asking to submit a form in my home branch

My father has an Imperia relationship. I was looking to link the rest of the family (which includes my mother, brother and I who are currently linked in a preferred relationship).

I went to the branch talked to my father's RM who then gave me a form (strangely the preferred banking form and asked us to fill in our details. They said that Imperia form was not available). Waited for a month still no update. Then RM told that they would be sending an SMS to all of us to join. However that SMS never came.

I went to the branch asking for an update. RM said that "Our accounts are in different books" whatever that means. And they couldn't process the linking. Did promise me to have another go at this. But by this point I have given up hope on my RM and the branch.

Can someone kindly help on how do I go about this since my branch is obviously no good?

My father has an Imperia relationship. I was looking to link the rest of the family (which includes my mother, brother and I who are currently linked in a preferred relationship).

I went to the branch talked to my father's RM who then gave me a form (strangely the preferred banking form and asked us to fill in our details. They said that Imperia form was not available). Waited for a month still no update. Then RM told that they would be sending an SMS to all of us to join. However that SMS never came.

I went to the branch asking for an update. RM said that "Our accounts are in different books" whatever that means. And they couldn't process the linking. Did promise me to have another go at this. But by this point I have given up hope on my RM and the branch.

Can someone kindly help on how do I go about this since my branch is obviously no good?
Unfortunately branch only does it. They always play games like that since by grouping, the grouped accounts also get same facility as primary account holder. Involve BM and threaten to shift your business to some other Bank. They will have to buckle. Or else write email to NO and PNO.

Your RM is a nincompoop. Raise the same with the BM, and threaten to move your relationship out of the branch. I faced hiccups with linking my family's accounts to my Imperia account as well because our accounts were assigned to different RMs at the branch. Took about a month and after several follow ups, all the accounts got mapped together.

What's the best way to open an account for my mother? She has no hdfc relationship.

I want to link it with my classic banking. Is it possible to directly open a 0 mab account?
else, what the min balance acct that's eligible for family banking (non- metro)

What's the best way to open an account for my mother? She has no hdfc relationship.

I want to link it with my classic banking. Is it possible to directly open a 0 mab account?
else, what the min balance acct that's eligible for family banking (non- metro)
Submit a account opening form by your mother + your authorization form to link.
The new zero balance account will be opened in couple of days.

Back