• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Income Tax Notice On Credit Card Usage

I have a question, people take 10 credit cards from ICICI bank, so don't they get the notice? On spending 10l+ in one financial year

how do these people manage?

Even if we are filling ITR and our credit card spend cross to 10 lakhs, can we still get the notice?

And if our spending becomes 20-30 lakhs, then how much ITR should be filed?

And even if we file ITR after credit card spend is reported in IT, notice can also come.

My spending is 20 lakh + in one bank only and I am not file ITR

Last edited:
I have a question, people take 10 credit cards from ICICI bank, so don't they get the notice? On spending 10l+ in one financial year

how do these people manage?

Even if we are filling ITR and our credit card spend cross to 10 lakhs, can we still get the notice?

And if our spending becomes 20-30 lakhs, then how much ITR should be filed?

And even if we file ITR after credit card spend is reported in IT, notice can also come.

My spending is 20 lakh + in one bank only and I am not file ITR

The government has recently introduced annual information statement (AIS) which provides a report of your income and expenses. Any spends greater than 10 lacs on a credit card are reported in this AIS by the bank. You can view and download this from the income tax website.

Disparity in income and expenses will attract a notice from the income tax department.

It is just a tool to help the government catch tax evaders.

If you have done nothing wrong, no need to worry.

But rethink why you should not file your ITR if you are spending more than 20 lacs per year.

Even if you are selling parental property, it is subject to capital gains tax.

Thanks!!

The government has recently introduced annual information statement (AIS) which provides a report of your income and expenses. Any spends greater than 10 lacs on a credit card are reported in this AIS by the bank. You can view and download this from the income tax website.

Disparity in income and expenses will attract a notice from the income tax department.

But rethink why you should not file your ITR if you are spending more than 20 lacs per year.

Thanks!!
So notice will not come if I start filling ITR

So notice will not come if I start filling ITR
If there is disparity in income and expense, you can expect a notice. If you file your ITR, then too.

But if you don't file your ITR and then receive a notice from the income tax department, then it will become very difficult if you cannot justify your expenses and source of income. And the consequences are fatal.

If there is disparity in income and expense, you can expect a notice. If you file your ITR, then too.

But if you don't file your ITR and then receive a notice from the income tax department, then it will become very difficult if you cannot justify your expenses and source of income. And the consequences are fatal.
Any solution 😞 my spending is High but I don't want any notice 🥲

This thread is meant for you

Thanks
@4uziaul

This thread is a gem in itself. Was not aware of it as I had just joined here in March.

I have marked your post as a Solution to the OPs question. Will help you get some TF points.

Thanks and keep contributing to the community.

Thanks!!
Any spends means a single spends greater than 10 Lacs or cards per year per bank spends 10 Lacs or total cards spends in all the banks is 10 Lacs.

Back