• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Managing High Credit Card Transactions and Income Tax Notices

Don't stress too much about it.. If it is less than 10L, there are less chances of receiving a notice. Even if you receive a notice, basically you have made a payment to a vendor, say Rs. 8,00,000/- in total which infact is a loan.

You have received the loan back (preferably through online channels in your bank account). I think some CA might be able to help you out. If a notice is actually received, you can just show your as well as your friend's bank statement as proof that you have received the money back. I don't think IT department would be concerned with the mode of payment (CC / UPI / Cheque / NEFT / IMPS / RTGS) all are one and the same for them. IT Department is not losing any revenue in terms of tax evasion. CC companies on the other hand might be losing due to RPs.

But this thing should be avoided for sure..

Don't stress too much about it.. If it is less than 10L, there are less chances of receiving a notice. Even if you receive a notice, basically you have made a payment to a vendor, say Rs. 8,00,000/- in total which infact is a loan.

You have received the loan back (preferably through online channels in your bank account). I think some CA might be able to help you out. If a notice is actually received, you can just show your as well as your friend's bank statement as proof that you have received the money back. I don't think IT department would be concerned with the mode of payment (CC / UPI / Cheque / NEFT / IMPS / RTGS) all are one and the same for them. IT Department is not losing any revenue in terms of tax evasion. CC companies on the other hand might be losing due to RPs.

But this thing should be avoided for sure..
Thanks man! 👍

Back