• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Income Tax Notice on credit card usage!!

Sachs

TF Select
I have heard that if you spend more than 10 L on a credit card in a year, the CC company is required to report it to income tax department.
I have a alot of cards whose maximum benefit I have calculated after watching technofino videos. I have also used yaper recently & I have realized that they have created a safe system (albeit a very hassle filled one for credit card users.)
I was wondering what will happen if I spend 9.5L on all of my 11 cards. Will I be served a notice because I have spent 104L on my cards.
OR
Will I be not served any notice as my spending on any card has not crossed 10 L??

You can convert rewards value in monetary term as per your normal usage. If you can explain it properly then everything possible.
Yeah... I don't know how this is managed, but guessing it is a bad idea, not sure about how the assessment office will take it without supporting evidence. Anyhow I thought they would ignore these rewards unless they're monetary.

Anyhow found this article related to that, however I can't read it

Back