• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

INDIAN BANK : debit card charges

doraemon

TF Legend
Hello guys,
I had opened Indian Bank account on 31st July 2023 and got a rupay platinum debit card at that time which I used for Amazon offer ..
Now as of today I have 4 cards but I require only 3 so I decided to close that card (as now it is chargeable at ₹354)

I simply hotlisted the card from the app
But when I tried to make a transaction after that it was giving an OTP on my number so I thought that it is not yet closed

Today I visited branch and gave them a letter and mam said ki "branch se hi close hota hai.
I told her ki uske charges to nahi lagenge baad mai (I read somewhere in desidime that one person got charged for hotlsited debit card)

Mam told me ki charges baad mai katenge after closing the card and she didn't even let me take photo of the signed application .

Now I am scared ki mere 354 rs na kat jaye
I can't even close that account because even for that they are taking charges

Anyone having similar experience pls guide

One more thing which I require is whenever I try to connect with phone banking officer IVR says "hum abhi takneeki samsayaon se jhujh rahe hai kripya kuch samay baad dobara sampark kare"

Anyone know any Matrix to connect with officer

Most of the banks do charge for the Debit Card after a few months.

In case they do charge you, complain to the higher authorities that you didn't require the card, The Branch gave the same forcefully/by default. You Hotlisted it immediately and gave the cancellation application at the branch.

They will refund the amount if you haven't used the card in between.

Back