• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indie savings account vs Fi vs Niyo (Equitas/DCB)

skywalker

TF Select
Which bank account would be the best considering minimum DC charges, 0 forex markup, minimum international ATM withdrawal charges, minimum charges for other transactions and best overall benefits out of these 3:

1. Indie by IndusInd
2. Fi Money
3. Niyo Equitas
4. Niyo DCB
(Please add any other suggestions, if any)

My major requirement is 0 forex markup fees and minimum international ATM withdrawal charges. Also, IndusInd Exclusive is a good option but I don't really want to maintain high balance for this.

catcat

TF Select
Apologies if this has been asked earlier.

I have Niyo (Equitas + DCB), and Indie (Megastar).

What are the debit card charges for each? (I maintain 5k in equitas, and 10k in dcb). Based on the above posts, Indie does not have DC charges?
What about ATM withdrawal charges abroad (Thailand for now)? I guess Niyo charges 110, what about Indie? I'll keep all 3, because there're chances of failures.

Kumar93196

TF Ace
That wasn't their original question, but thank you for addressing it. If there are any more queries, please feel free to answer them. 🤭
Is indie doesn't pay any rewards on gas booking.???
The whole scenario is i activated 3% cb on Amazon on indie a/c. Yesterday i booked gas via Amazon using indie dc but didn't received any cashbacks yet. Do i receive any cb or not???

I went to Thailand with Fi Money debit card. Faced a lot of issues in ATM cash withdrawal due to their limits. They have different limit for every country https://fi.money/fees/international-ATM which is very low in most cases. For Thailand it is 20K INR. If you convert it to Thai currency it comes around 8.5K Baht. Above that every ATM there charges 220 Baht per ATM transaction. So you can not withdraw more than 8.2K. Which I was trying but it always failed. Their customer care was also clueless that why it is not working. Finally tried 7K Baht and it worked. Realized 2% Forex markup which is refunded later is also considered in 20K limit. So you can only withdraw 7.5K baht in one ATM transaction, that again with 220 Baht + 110 INR charges. That is more than 3.5% charge.

Last edited:

DealHunter786

TF Premier
I went to Thailand with Fi Money debit card. Faced a lot of issues in ATM cash withdrawal due to their limits. They have different limit for every country https://fi.money/fees/international-ATM which is very low in most cases. For Thailand it is 20K INR. If you convert it to Thai currency it comes around 8.5K Baht. Above that every ATM there charges 220 Baht per ATM transaction. So you can not withdraw more than 8.2K. Which I was trying but it always failed. Their customer care was also clueless that why it is not working. Finally tried 7K Baht and it worked. Realized 2% Forex markup which is refunded later is also considered in 20K limit. So you can only withdraw 7.5K baht in one ATM transaction, that again with 220 Baht + 110 INR charges. That is more than 3.5% charge.
is there any limit on swipe?

catcat

TF Select
Visiting Thailand at the end of January. Internal flights & hotels prepaid, except 1, which I will pay with my HDFC infinia, with GVP. I also expect to have around $500 in cash with me, but will have 0 THB flying in.
I have Niyo Equitas & DCB, and Indie Megastar.
I'll be there for 8 days, don't know how much cash I will need. Could be a wide range between THB 2000 and 5000.

Given these facts, what is the cheapest & most convenient way to get hold of the requisite THB.

PS: How's the conversion process from THB to any other currency? I remember that in Sri Lanka, they levied a flat fee in addition to the exchange rate they were offering.
PPS: I am headed to Europe in July. Would it be a good idea to convert leftover THB to Euros?

Last edited:

catcat

TF Select
Visiting Thailand at the end of January. Internal flights & hotels prepaid, except 1, which I will pay with my HDFC infinia, with GVP. I also expect to have around $500 in cash with me, but will have 0 THB flying in.
I have Niyo Equitas & DCB, and Indie Megastar.
I'll be there for 8 days, don't know how much cash I will need. Could be a wide range between THB 2000 and 5000.

Given these facts, what is the cheapest & most convenient way to get hold of the requisite THB.

PS: How's the conversion process from THB to any other currency? I remember that in Sri Lanka, they levied a flat fee in addition to the exchange rate they were offering.
PPS: I am headed to Europe in July. Would it be a good idea to convert leftover THB to Euros?

Let me phrase the question differently. How much does Niyo charge? IS it Rs 100 in all, or ATM charges are there beyond this? Is there at all a cheaper way to withdraw cash in thailand using Indian payment instruments?

Aeon bank appears to charge THB 150/withdrawal.

catcat

TF Select
If one has Indie Megastar and signature debit card, does it make any sense to hold on to Niyo (Equitas + DCB)? The only reason I can think of is redundancy - saw @supermohit's post reg. problems in withdrawal.

Lounge accesses is not an issue for me. Have Infinia Metal, Swiggy & SBI Air India, so there aren't too many cards more rewarding that for the things I spend on.