• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indusind Bank grouping / family banking

newIntern

TF Buzz
My Father (age: 60+) have a Maxima savings account with Indusand, he did a 15L FD to open this account, I was reading features of this & came to know that he can add upto 5 family members to his group & all of our will be upgraded to Maxima (currently mine is privilege ) & just like his account I will not have to maintain MAB.
  1. But RM is not adding me in his group for some reason. what can I do?
  2. Also, I read that with 15L select, select plus or exclusive account is also possible, so should I request that for him? are there any charges or anything?
  3. If he get upgraded to a higher account like select and and exclusive, and I get added to his group, will I also get free debit card of that account tier?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
My Father (age: 60+) have a Maxima savings account with Indusand, he did a 15L FD to open this account, I was reading features of this & came to know that he can add upto 5 family members to his group & all of our will be upgraded to Maxima (currently mine is privilege ) & just like his account I will not have to maintain MAB.
  1. But RM is not adding me in his group for some reason. what can I do?
  2. Also, I read that with 15L select, select plus or exclusive account is also possible, so should I request that for him? are there any charges or anything?
  3. If he get upgraded to a higher account like select and and exclusive, and I get added to his group, will I also get free debit card of that account tier?
If u have 15 lakh fd
Open indusind pioneer
U will get pioneer rm

If u do 15 lakh fd ( the branch will never get u downgraded)
U can add upto 10 members with metal debit card

Or upgrade your account to Pionner or select or exclusive then add ur father
He will maintain u can enjoy for free & other members

Talk to bm once about all of it
Else shove them peanuts and take ur money out.

Anindya98

TF Premier
Not Sure in Case of Indusind Bank.
But Family Banking means everyone under the program will have the same benefits as the Primary Account Holder without any extra charges & they don't have to maintain any MAB if the primary holder is maintaining the MAB. In the case of Family Banking, your total balance comes under the TRV/MAB. Either you keep it in one account or more doesn't matter.
Everyone will receive a new kit including the Primary Account variant debit card & CHEQUE book.
1 Ask your RM if he doesn't add you, then you will remove your account to a different branch or directly have a conversation with the BM as you have a good relationship with the bank.
2 Depending on the bank criteria you can request an upgrade without any charges.
3 Yes, you will also receive all the same benefits as your father under family banking.

newIntern

TF Buzz
If u have 15 lakh fd
Open indusind pioneer
U will get pioneer rm
I dont, my father had it & now its in FD, both (my father & mine) account is 2 year old now, he did FD ~2 years ago

I didnt found any mention of metal debit card online, but I will google about it.

Again, its not my money, its my father's, he have FD in his account, I have ~1L FD& 20-30k in savings only
All I wanted was a premium account for myself & a select DC so I can take advance of rewards points while paying my CC bill.

Anindya98

TF Premier
If u have 15 lakh fd
Open indusind pioneer
U will get pioneer rm

Yes, he can also Upgrade his account then he can also extract more benefits because this father is already a senior citizen.
I am also doing the same upgrading my account to IDFC Select and adding my father(59 age). So, that in the long run, I can maintain a good relationship under my customer ID.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I dont, my father had it & now its in FD, both (my father & mine) account is 2 year old now, he did FD ~2 years ago

I didnt found any mention of metal debit card online, but I will google about it.

Again, its not my money, its my father's, he have FD in his account, I have ~1L FD& 20-30k in savings only
All I wanted was a premium account for myself & a select DC so I can take advance of rewards points while paying my CC bill.
Open idfc select or wealth ( indusind points are very inconsistent)

First get legend cc then try for select it will be zero balance account

newIntern

TF Buzz
Yes, he can also Upgrade his account then he can also extract more benefits because this father is already a senior citizen.
I am also doing the same upgrading my account to IDFC Select and adding my father(59 age). So, that in the long run, I can maintain a good relationship under my customer ID.
what is the benefit of me being primary holder & upgrading my account in comparison with my dad being the primary, upgrading his account & adding me?

I dont want to be primary because I am a salaried guy & dont want to pay additional TAX, my dad is retired so keeping money in account which belong to him makes more sense to me. but I could be wrong?

newIntern

TF Buzz
Open idfc select or wealth ( indusind points are very inconsistent)

First get legend cc then try for select it will be zero balance account
I already have LTF Legend card & it is linked to my bank account also, now to upgrade to select I will need 10L+ FD or 1L in savings right? thats why I was thinking about going family banking route. since my father alredy have required FD just the account tier is lower for some reason.

also I have CC with IDFC, dont have any account with them though.

Anindya98

TF Premier
what is the benefit of me being primary holder & upgrading my account in comparison with my dad being the primary, upgrading his account & adding me?

I dont want to be primary because I am a salaried guy & dont want to pay additional TAX, my dad is retired so keeping money in account which belong to him makes more sense to me. but I could be wrong?
As your dad is keeping the funds in this personal account you don't have to pay any additional Tax as the FD is under his name or he is the first holder.
My guess your age is under 30/35 the bank will see you more potential candidate for keeping the relationship longer.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I already have LTF Legend card & it is linked to my bank account also, now to upgrade to select I will need 10L+ FD or 1L in savings right? thats why I was thinking about going family banking route. since my father alredy have required FD just the account tier is lower for some reason.

also I have CC with IDFC, dont have any account with them though.
Ah vro

Select or wealth in idfc at 3or 5 lakh IP
After that u only have to maintain 25 k account

newIntern

TF Buzz
I was reading their PDF & it seems like since I already have Legend card, I can directly ask them to upgrade my privilege account to select account? there is no need of 10L FD or 50K balance?

Fini7777

TF Premier
If u have 15 lakh fd
Open indusind pioneer
U will get pioneer rm

Are you sure? 15L FD for pioneer?
I've read it is 30L TRV

How to get into this
I am planning to take acc for my mother if we've 15L FD which acc should I consider in indusind?
Indus exclusive/Grandie/pioneer?

Fini7777

TF Premier
Went to bank today, Indusand employee said LTF card hai toh account ka charge lagega? debit card nya ayega toh uska charge lagega.

is that true?
Their employees don't know about this surrogate process even if they know they don't say "you no need to maintain the acc"
but according to the program criteria of Indus Select acc it's 0MAB if you hold legend cc