• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd Not Issuing Additional Debit Card

Sadly when i asked My Branch people when i opened my account they said you can have only one Debit Card per account :(
They told me the same. Then I showed them the SoB for Exclusive account ane it clearly shows additional cards. Then only they took the request. You have to show confidence and tell them your friends have already done the same.

If they're still not budging, close your current DC and apply for MC card. Once you get it, you yourself can apply for Visa card easily from the app.

They told me the same. Then I showed them the SoB for Exclusive account ane it clearly shows additional cards. Then only they took the request. You have to show confidence and tell them your friends have already done the same.

If they're still not budging, close your current DC and apply for MC card. Once you get it, you yourself can apply for Visa card easily from the app.
I got 2 DCs now(got the second one just today), but it was thru CC calls though.. i would have tried the SoB route thru Branch if i knew it already..Anyway i wont recommend anyone to be getting Accounts with IndusInd for the pathetic service i got :)

Last edited:
I had 16 unsuccessful calls to get Master Card Debit card, every Customer care person was knowledgeable & said that Only One DC is allowed, system would allow to take a new Debit card request only after blocking the current Debit card. I was lucky the 17th Time and got a Customer care associate who raised a request for Master Card DC again.. I just got Master card delivered today..
So my Guess is that the System is allowing to have 2 debit cards and its not fixed to have only one Debit card but the Customer Care associates have been instructed to state that only one Debit card is allowed to cope up with the system Gap, few of the customer care associates aren't informed may be and i got one of them to help my request...
I would say keep calling till you get the wrong (Right) Customer service associate who can get you the request without blocking the card..
whats special with their Master Card DC?? why do everyone wants it?

whats special with their Master Card DC?? why do everyone wants it?
in addition to bill payments you can use it for -
1. forex spends - even though both visa/mc exclusive have 0 forex markup fee; generally exchange rates of mc are better than visa. so you can save there; also
2. 20% off upto 500 on bigbasket - since each card is treated separately; you technically can use this benefit twice per month (once per each card separately - albeit with different bigbasket accounts)

in addition to bill payments you can use it for -
1. forex spends - even though both visa/mc exclusive have 0 forex markup fee; generally exchange rates of mc are better than visa. so you can save there; also
MC having better exchange rates than visa is a myth. Nowadays visa gives better rates. See this:

Could you please share the link SoB where it says "additional cards"? I was checking this https://www.indusind.com/content/da...es/savings-account/SOB-SA-Indus-Exclusive.pdf and I don't see any mention of additional cards.

Even I got same answers from cc.

Ignore and apply from IndusInd app. You will get your new digital card instantly and physical card will be delivered in few days. I got visa signature debit card last month using this method. Both cards are active
Your 1st card was mastercard Or visa?

Back