• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Against Insurance Purchase Doable?

SmartSave

TF Premier
So I had a word with a wealth manager via RM regarding a so-called tax saver investment plan which includes a complementary life insurance too.

It's called "Tata AIA Life Insurance Smart Value Income Plan"

The guy says on a recorded line that he can guarantee 90% to get an approval for Infinia provided I invest at least 1L per year for the next 3 years annually. He goes on to say, if he fails to get the approval in 30 days, then I'll get the full refund including the GST paid for this investment plan.

He continues to walk me through to explain the plan which gives 24k yearly return credited to the bank account and at least 3 years will allow me to exit but the actual plan shows 6 years for maturity and 20 years in total.

Now that 1L is actually the minimum and just to walk me through the scenario. Even if we keep the minimum in mind and his guarantee. It seems good enough, however, I'm not sure if this is worth going for?

Anyone aware of this? And what you think is the catch here? He says he would need this policy number or any other similar to get the approval from higher authorities by showing the portfolio and trying. I told him to give this to me in writing but he refuses saying these are loopholes and no one from the bank will put this in writing but he says not to trust anyone including him but to only trust the documents and in this case, told me to go through the terms of the investment plan and you'll know better.

Here's the catch, my RM says I won't get the Infinia but told me to just listen to the plan and when I said this to the wealth manager, he says the RM have certain limitations based on which they say but he has better access to certain things and that is why he is confidently saying over a recorded line about getting approvals and so on.

Anyone aware of this and what you think about this? It's a yay or nay? I don't mind locking in 1L a year if go by the minimum.

SmartSave

TF Premier
If you look at the surrender benefit you are not getting much even if you surrender after 3 years.. you can see in 18,19 column that after 3 years it's max1.63 lakh.. And 75-86 after two years.. That is by paying 2 lakh you get 75-86k back and infinia most probably LTF... Ask him to explain what is their in 10, 13, 18, 19 column as it show two different non guaranteed value and it is higher for 4% and less for 8%...

Usually it's an ulip plan and all ulip plans will give you 4-5% xirr return

He highlighted some columns over the call and we concluded that every year I'll get 24k and at the end of the 3rd year, I'll get 3L + 72k on surrender and this is guaranteed plus market linked plan (30% market and 70% non). Talked about 24% ROI -- 1L + 24k ROI.

I'll ask him once again and go through this doc properly and also confirm what amount he's looking for me to invest. If it's 1L only, then I don't mind risking provided I get my money back (frankly ROI is not what I'm interested here with this plan).

1. What's the XIRR on this? This seems to be market-linked, so 20 year lock-in does make sense. But I don't think you will be getting more than 5-6% XIRR.
2. What's the mortality charge and commission that gets subtracted every year on this? If you are an older gentleman, you will lose out a lot in the name of charges. Trust me it is not worth it.
Never buy into investment+life insurance products as you will barely make any return(even if you consider the tax deduction). Always keep your life insurance and investment separate.

I'll check with him. I'm not old and certainly not looking for a term insurance or ROI on this investment (if it's 1L). It's a side throw away investment with zero expectations other than to obtain the card but at the very least I'm looking to get my money back at the end (3Y) lol and not end up in minus, anything plus is a bonus.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
He highlighted some columns over the call and we concluded that every year I'll get 24k and at the end of the 3rd year, I'll get 3L + 72k on surrender and this is guaranteed plus market linked plan (30% market and 70% non). Talked about 24% ROI -- 1L + 24k ROI.

I'll ask him once again and go through this doc properly and also confirm what amount he's looking for me to invest. If it's 1L only, then I don't mind risking provided I get my money back (frankly ROI is not what I'm interested here with this plan).
go for dcb fyf without any investments which is being offered to you
spend good amount and then ask for an infinnia upgrade

SmartSave

TF Premier
go for dcb fyf without any investments which is being offered to you
spend good amount and then ask for an infinnia upgrade

But the problem I'm facing is the floor limit which is lower than required right now for Infinia. Do you think with DCB upgrade they'll give LE too?

If that happens, then I'll easily qualify for Infinia in few months. But if not, then only spend criteria will be of no use AFAIK?

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
But the problem I'm facing is the floor limit which is lower than required right now for Infinia. Do you think with DCB upgrade they'll give LE too?

If that happens, then I'll easily qualify for Infinia in few months. But if not, then only spend criteria will be of no use AFAIK?
you take a dcb then send salary slips for le to chennai office and then see if you qualify for infinnia
never trust these agents when they try to over sell or mis sell some other product like this

SmartSave

TF Premier
you take a dcb then send salary slips for le to chennai office and then see if you qualify for infinnia
never trust these agents when they try to over sell or mis sell some other product like this

Self employed. ITR we optimize it to keep it to bare minimum for obvious reasons...lol, so it won't get me a LE if I send it.

But my RM said they'll try for upgrade with LE whereas I'm also in touch with PNO who told me to send the form (no discussion about LE with PNO). Now IDK if I should go with PNO or via RM. RM is lazy and useless, even to get DCB upgrade they're still looking into it. Meanwhile PNO already confirmed.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
Self employed. ITR we optimize it to keep it to bare minimum for obvious reasons...lol, so it won't get me a LE if I send it.

But my RM said they'll try for upgrade with LE whereas I'm also in touch with PNO who told me to send the form (no discussion about LE with PNO). Now IDK if I should go with PNO or via RM. RM is lazy and useless, even to get DCB upgrade they're still looking into it. Meanwhile PNO already confirmed.
go with pno and take a fyf upgrade
this will increase your chances of infinnai

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I'll check with him. I'm not old and certainly not looking for a term insurance or ROI on this investment (if it's 1L). It's a side throw away investment with zero expectations other than to obtain the card but at the very least I'm looking to get my money back at the end (3Y) lol and not end up in minus, anything plus is a bonus.
That 6L investment will be worth 31L after 20 years if you consider a 10% CAGR. This is a conservative return IMO. So is it worth the card?
If you still want to go ahead with this, take it in writing from the RM that the bank will 100% process and approve the Infinia card.

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Agree with everyone, go with DCB, I have a similar plan with LIC called endowment and gives a XIRR of 6.8%, bought it when I was you age and had less financial knowledge The only good thing about it that the 70k annual premium I pay is divided into 20 small policies which I can still pay on APAY and feel happy paying. :p Have another 5 yrs to pay then will start to get back and thus did not close.

SmartSave

TF Premier
That 6L investment will be worth 31L after 20 years if you consider a 10% CAGR. This is a conservative return IMO. So is it worth the card?
If you still want to go ahead with this, take it in writing from the RM that the bank will 100% process and approve the Infinia card.

But I'm not looking to keep this active beyond 3 years tho.

That said, you have a point there. If we zoom out, it's def. something I should reconsider...haha

Wealth Manager said he won't be able to give it in writing (about getting 100% approval as it's not in his hands) because these are internal params and he will try to get the approval from higher up on the basis of investment plan and said he is confident to get it 90% but if he fails, he says I'll get 100% refund the next day itself (he wants 30 days time to get approval -- policy can be cancelled up to 45 days).

The only thing I can try is to get him to at least put these same things in writing (30 days time for approval attempt/100% refund on failure and so on and in 3 years I can surrender my plan with guaranteed return of n amount).
go with pno and take a fyf upgrade
this will increase your chances of infinnai

I'll check. Thanks.
Agree with everyone, go with DCB, I have a similar plan with LIC called endowment and gives a XIRR of 6.8%, bought it when I was you age and had less financial knowledge The only good thing about it that the 70k annual premium I pay is divided into 20 small policies which I can still pay on APAY and feel happy paying. :p Have another 5 yrs to pay then will start to get back and thus did not close.

Interesting.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
at least put these same things in writing (30 days time for approval attempt/100% refund on failure and so on and in 3 years I can surrender my plan with guaranteed return of n amount)
You can have this in writing that if you are not happy with the clauses or others you can cancel the plan within 30-45 days with a 100% refund of the amount paid.
That should also work. Because you can wait for him to get the approval and if that doesn't work, you can cancel the plan yourself.

SmartSave

TF Premier
You can have this in writing that if you are not happy with the clauses or others you can cancel the plan within 30-45 days with a 100% refund of the amount paid.
That should also work. Because you can wait for him to get the approval and if that doesn't work, you can cancel the plan yourself.

This seems good enough and balanced without going into too much details, so he may be comfortable to put this in writing too. 👍

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
But I'm not looking to keep this active beyond 3 years tho.
ULIPs have a lock-in of 5 years, so you cannot preclose I think. So please call up Tata Aia and clear up everything about lock-in and the free look period. The free look period should be 15-30 days, during which you can close your insurance and expect a full refund.
Wealth Manager said he won't be able to give it in writing (about getting 100% approval as it's not in his hands) because these are internal params and he will try to get the approval from higher up on the basis of investment plan and said he is confident to get it 90% but if he fails, he says I'll get 100% refund the next day itself (he wants 30 days time to get approval -- policy can be cancelled up to 45 days).
Of course, he won't give it in writing. XD
But take it in writing that you can cancel the insurance plan within 45 days in case of non approval of the card, as the free look period is usually 15-30 days after you receive the policy copy.
Tip: If you do get the card in 30 days, go ahead and close the insurance plan during the free look period. :LOL:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
ULIPs have a lock-in of 5 years, so you cannot preclose I think. So please call up Tata Aia and clear up everything about lock-in and the free look period. The free look period should be 15-30 days, during which you can close your insurance and expect a full refund.

Of course, he won't give it in writing. XD
But take it in writing that you can cancel the insurance plan within 45 days in case of non approval of the card, as the free look period is usually 15-30 days after you receive the policy copy.
Tip: If you do get the card in 30 days, go ahead and close the insurance plan during the free look period. :LOL:
I agreed it under 30 days and not 45 days when I search on this. So you need call Tata insurance and confirm with them cause if you can’t cancel within 45 days then your wealth manger is making thing up. And he won’t give you anything in writing and the thing which bothering me why isn’t rm doing the same thing cause his chance are 💯 not experience it but he can get you for sure I felt as per my conversation with my rm which I didn’t opt in.

Sahil7575

TF Neo
Hi
So I had a word with a wealth manager via RM regarding a so-called tax saver investment plan which includes a complementary life insurance too.

It's called "Tata AIA Life Insurance Smart Value Income Plan"

The guy says on a recorded line that he can guarantee 90% to get an approval for Infinia provided I invest at least 1L per year for the next 3 years annually. He goes on to say, if he fails to get the approval in 30 days, then I'll get the full refund including the GST paid for this investment plan.

He continues to walk me through to explain the plan which gives 24k yearly return credited to the bank account and at least 3 years will allow me to exit but the actual plan shows 6 years for maturity and 20 years in total.

Now that 1L is actually the minimum and just to walk me through the scenario. Even if we keep the minimum in mind and his guarantee. It seems good enough, however, I'm not sure if this is worth going for?

Anyone aware of this? And what you think is the catch here? He says he would need this policy number or any other similar to get the approval from higher authorities by showing the portfolio and trying. I told him to give this to me in writing but he refuses saying these are loopholes and no one from the bank will put this in writing but he says not to trust anyone including him but to only trust the documents and in this case, told me to go through the terms of the investment plan and you'll know better.

Here's the catch, my RM says I won't get the Infinia but told me to just listen to the plan and when I said this to the wealth manager, he says the RM have certain limitations based on which they say but he has better access to certain things and that is why he is confidently saying over a recorded line about getting approvals and so on.

Anyone aware of this and what you think about this? It's a yay or nay? I don't mind locking in 1L a year if go by the minimum.
Hi Brother Can You Pls Share Me Your RM Details Via Email As I Am Very Much Interested.
Sahilguptamonst@gmail.com

SmartSave

TF Premier
Hi

Hi Brother Can You Pls Share Me Your RM Details Via Email As I Am Very Much Interested.
Sahilguptamonst@gmail.com

RM had connected with someone whose name I forgot now. He said he was a wealth manager. Maybe talk to your RM/BM and see if they connect you to the wealth manager and take things accordingly. I don't think my RM would be of any use (they weren't useful to me either...so I doubt it's of any use to you too).

AritraSaha

TF Legend
RM had connected with someone whose name I forgot now. He said he was a wealth manager. Maybe talk to your RM/BM and see if they connect you to the wealth manager and take things accordingly. I don't think my RM would be of any use (they weren't useful to me either...so I doubt it's of any use to you too).
You get the infinia card? Sorry i have read the whole thread..